Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

need help with taylorsville crappie!!!!!!!

hello, i am no crappie fisherman for sure, mostly bass. my inlaws are in town from out of state and wanting to go to taylorsville in the morning to try the crappie out for the frying pan. any info on where to go and how deep theyre catching them would be greatly appreciated. i thought jacks creek would be good right past the dam??? please help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need help with taylorsville crappie!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by triton78 View Post
    hello, i am no crappie fisherman for sure, mostly bass. my inlaws are in town from out of state and wanting to go to taylorsville in the morning to try the crappie out for the frying pan. any info on where to go and how deep theyre catching them would be greatly appreciated. i thought jacks creek would be good right past the dam??? please help!!
    Try any of the bays with timber in them. Fish are biting real well on minnows from 2' to 6' deep. Early in the morning I would go to the back of the bay and work my way back out as the sun comes up. Also try either 1/16" oz chartruese tube jigs or road runners. Rig them weedless to prevent some of the hang ups.

A friend of mine went out on Friday with a buddy and had their limit in 1 1/2 hours so the bite is on. The thicker the cover and the harder it is to get to the better the fishing. Keeps the fair weather fisherman away.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need help with taylorsville crappie!!!!!!!

Went Sat. and caught around 20 of which only 9 were keepers. Found them about half way back in a small creek in about 15 to 20 foot of water and about 4 to 5 foot deep right up in the trees, be prepared to do a lot of retying. We used minnows, good luck, I plan on going back this Friday unless we go to Cumberland River for trout.