Search Fishin.com

Thread: Rough Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Rough Crappie

Hey guys I'm takin' my grandfather out this weekend on Rough and He loves Catching Crappie, just wondering if anyone could tell me where me might be able to get into a mess of them... I don't know what this little cold snap is going to do to them, but i've been hearing good things about the crappie down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rough Crappie

Quote Originally Posted by firekracker50 View Post
    Hey guys I'm takin' my grandfather out this weekend on Rough and He loves Catching Crappie, just wondering if anyone could tell me where me might be able to get into a mess of them... I don't know what this little cold snap is going to do to them, but i've been hearing good things about the crappie down there.
    Tules is full of fish. Start on the left side going in where you see laying logs and timber. Around the first turn you will see a rock wall on the left and a gravel bank on the right. Fish them both. There are two brush piles that you can see on the right side. I caught some real nice crappie in there last weekend bass fishing and saw a lot of people fishing in there.

The bouy at the start of the no wake going into the canyon walls has brush around it. There were two boats catching crappie there as well.

This cold front will push these fish down and make them real slow. Fish with as small a floater as you can get by with, preferrably one that lays down, so that when it stands up you know a fish has the minnow in its mouth. A lot of times after a cold front they will mouth the bait but not take the floater under.

Good Luck.