Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well it is now official..................

I hate to say it but i agree with elnut. Gibson is not a UK coach. Any coach that takes the job is brave. This town dont wanna lose nothing when it comes to basketball. And I dont think Gibson can handle it. I hope I am wrong and in 3 years he takes us back to atleast elite 8. Tubby is a hell of a coach just not a UK coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    You are right about Acie Law IV, I was giving him even more credit that he deserved in thinking he had actually recruited someone, which will actually mean that he got that #9 ranking and Sweet 16 round of the NCAA - WITH SOME OTHER COACHES PLAYERS. The same people that did not give Tubby credit for the 98 title with Pitino's players can't just give Billy credit for the Sweet 16 with some other coaches players. If you look at it this way, Billy Gillispie and HIS players have won EXACTLY ZERO games in the NCAA tourney. Still never won anything and never will. Hope he brings that run and gun, man to man pressure defense, 94 feet of furious action to the Big Blue Nation and we will still go 20-10 and get booted out in the second round of the NCAA, which means..................we got nothing but big huge black eyes for showing our A$$E$ and out lack of class at how Tubby was treated.
    Now elnut you know I've got great respect for and your opinion but lets give Gillespie a chance. The same chance that I gave Tubby when he came to Kentucky and followed for 10 years faithfully. I was probably more disappointed than anyone when Tubby left because I think he is an outstanding coach and overall a class act. However if you remember correctly what did he do before he came to Kentucky. No titles, No coach of the years, No nothing. He came to Kentucky, had decent players and done a great job coaching in my opinion and built his reputation. I think Gillespie brings the same with him. He has a passion for the sport, he wants to win, and I think in 10 years that we will think of him the same way( Hopefully not run him off though). He deserves a chance to at least prove himself, the same as Tubby did when he first came. Bottom line is that when it is all said and done we may have just lucked out and got the best fit for the program. Let's see where Donavon is the next couple of years while he has no players.

Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing was today when I was watching the news conference LIVE and to see Pres. Todd say stuff like, "We looked long and hard and spoke to ALL the top coaches around and when it comes right down to it, we feel we got the BEST man for the job". What he was trying to say was we sat around waiting for Billy D to win another title for we knew he would not turn us down and then when he did and Rick Barnes of Texas said "No Thanks" and there was no way in Hell of getting Coach K from Duke or Roy Williams from UNC and Benedict Pitino was staying in Louisville, we got what was left of a coach that had a winning season and finished in the top 10, even though he has NEVER won a single game in the NCAA tourney with players that he recruited. As far as Donavon and Florida goes, I bet everything I own they will be back BEFORE Kentucky. Florida has been decimated just as much or more than anyone with players leaving early to NBA and still won the last 2 titles. I remember Barnhardt saying something after Tubby resigned (ie - was ran out of town) that he would lead the endless search for the best candidate possible, HA HA HA HA!!!! Looks to me like all the BEST candidates chose to stay where they are and had no problem in turning down Big Blue. Times are changing and UK can not get players on its NAME alone anymore.

I have a philosophy on the topic - You are a stud 18 year old high school senior basketball player and one of the best in your class, top 10 recruit less say. You have a choice of any college in america to attend and where do you go???? There is one school with rich tradition (how many 18 year olds care about tradition now days), with an OFF CAMPUS arena where the entire lower arena is full of Middle and Old aged people (except the Eruption Zone) that only get off their A$$E$ when it is a big game to root for you and you only get to practice in this arena VERY few days a year due to the truck pulls, car shows, boat shows, concerts, rodeos, and whatever else Rupp holds or you can go to a place that has an ON CAMPUS arena where the entire lower arena is filled with Cute Honey's and other STUDENTS that actually show spirit and support and you are treated like a GOD. To Hell with tradition, I am going with the Cute Honey's for they may be just kissing on me later after I hit the 3 to win the game.

Post Thanks / Like

just remenber denny crums last couple of years were boring , tubby's last couple of years were also boring, yes tubby was a class act, did i want him to go "no" but as i stated ky basketball was boring, will gillespie be the answer, i hope (as emeral says BAM ! kick it up a notch ), as for billy d. of uf come football season he will take the back seat...and be 2nd to coach u. myers football progam.... that what billy d. likes & wants 2nd rated.

Post Thanks / Like

look how many years fla. give billy,did'nt hear of any for sale signs in his yard.
    I would almost bet gillespie won't get 8 or ten years to prove himself,he'll have a yard sale too.

ps. i didn't hear anyone say wether he likes fishing or not,but i do think he likes drinking and driving.Didn't someone say it would be ok as long as they didn't get someone like sutton again?oh well only time will tell now.