Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it is now official..................

Well guys and gals if you don't already know Donavon is staying at Florida. The fishing was just to good to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well it is now official..................

Was there ever a doubt that he would leave a place where he is a GOD and come to a place that just ran off Tubby. I guess 5 SEC titles, 5 SEC tourney titles, 1 NCAA title and 3 national coach of the year awards was just not enough for the "FAN"atics. Billy the Kid is very smart to stay at Florida and I feel sorry for whichever fool UK recruits to lead us into the promise land, the list I hear is Texas coach - never won anything, Texas A&M coach - never won anything, Marquette coach - never won anything, Gonzaga coach - never won anything, Georgetown coach - never won anything and the list goes on and on and on. The grass may be greener on the other side, but is just might be growin above a sceptic tank also. Many years of heartache to follow for all of us loyal big blue fans. At least Tubby played the toughest schedule in the coutry year after year and brought dignity and class to the program. Go Golden Golphers!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

amen !!!!! could'nt have said it better myself........................

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Well it is now official..................

Yeah now it looks like Kentucky isn't a great job since all the guys the faithful wanted have turned them down. Maybe Bruce Pearl from Tenn? Travis Ford?

Post Thanks / Like

I like Billy Gillespie, proven recruiter at places like Illinois, Baylor, Texas El paso and Texas A&M.
    ElNut, usually I agree with you but I am so tired of the negative UK fan. Like a famous country song states I have been a fan even through the rotten years (not Tubby, the probation era). I have faith whoever is the next coach will be dedicated to the job and do a great job. I will support them like I supported Tubby.
    On a fishing note, Billy Gillespie is a southern boy, wonder if he likes fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

You are right on it. I believe he will be announced as head coach in a day or two (Billy Gillespie that is).
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Billy Gillispie?????? Lets see his accomplishments????

UTEP - 6-24
    UTEP - 24-8, lost in first round of NCAA
    Texas A&M - 21-10 - Lost in NIT quarters
    Texas A&M - 22-9 - Lost in NCAA 2nd round
    Texas A&M - 27-7 - Lost in Sweet 16 of NCAA

Never won a conference regular season title in Big 12, never won a conference tourney title in the Big 12, never took a team to the Elite 8, teams have won a TOTAL of 3 games in the big dance, Acie Law (outstanding player especially in the clutch) is the only player he has ever recruited and he put him on the map this year.

Good Luck Mr. Gillispie as you are itroduced today at 12:45 as the new head of the University of Kentucky Men's Basketball Program for you will need it. If you can't win in the Big 11 plus Kansas, how in the hell are you going to win in the SEC - THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE TOP TO BOTTOM YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BardstownFish View Post
    I like Billy Gillespie, proven recruiter at places like Illinois, Baylor, Texas El paso and Texas A&M.
    ElNut, usually I agree with you but I am so tired of the negative UK fan. Like a famous country song states I have been a fan even through the rotten years (not Tubby, the probation era). I have faith whoever is the next coach will be dedicated to the job and do a great job. I will support them like I supported Tubby.
    On a fishing note, Billy Gillespie is a southern boy, wonder if he likes fishing?
    The problem is that I am not a negative "UK fan", I am negative against all the "Fans" that ran off Tubby. I said it before he left (ie- was ran off) and I will say it again, who are we going to get that is better. People forget about Keith Bogans getting hurt before the Marquette game a few years back when that team would have went to the final four and the man won 3 NATIONAL COACHES OF THE YEAR awards but only won 1 title. That says that the other 2 years when he did not win it all, HE STILL DID THE BEST COACHING JOB IN AMERICA. Those that put For Sale signs in his yard, those that put ads in the newspaper asking for him to be fired, those that sit on their hands in Rupp and don't stand and cheer for the team NO MATTER THE SCORE, are those that I am negative against. Billy Gillispie???? Hope all Big Blue fans, including myself, get used to just making the big dance for a guy that has won a total of 3 NCAA games in his life will be announced our new Basketball leader. Now that I think about it, based on his qualifications and being handed the UK job, then somebody call me the Bassmaster Classic Champion of 2008 because I know I have caught at least 3 largemouth in my life so my qualificiations should be good enough.

Post Thanks / Like

those that sit on their hands in Rupp
    That's the problem I had with Tubby. After Pitino, his style of coaching was just way too boring for most people. It was easier to get excited when Pitino was coaching because it was a fast tempo game, but Tubby always made his players slow the game down. I don't care who the coach / team is, I just can't get excited about that kind of slow-pace game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Acie Law (outstanding player especially in the clutch) is the only player he has ever recruited and he put him on the map this year.
    He didn't recruit Acie Law IV. He did recruit the number 2 center prospect in the nation this year, though - DeAndre Jordan.

Post Thanks / Like

You are right about Acie Law IV, I was giving him even more credit that he deserved in thinking he had actually recruited someone, which will actually mean that he got that #9 ranking and Sweet 16 round of the NCAA - WITH SOME OTHER COACHES PLAYERS. The same people that did not give Tubby credit for the 98 title with Pitino's players can't just give Billy credit for the Sweet 16 with some other coaches players. If you look at it this way, Billy Gillispie and HIS players have won EXACTLY ZERO games in the NCAA tourney. Still never won anything and never will. Hope he brings that run and gun, man to man pressure defense, 94 feet of furious action to the Big Blue Nation and we will still go 20-10 and get booted out in the second round of the NCAA, which means..................we got nothing but big huge black eyes for showing our A$$E$ and out lack of class at how Tubby was treated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    You are right about Acie Law IV, I was giving him even more credit that he deserved in thinking he had actually recruited someone, which will actually mean that he got that #9 ranking and Sweet 16 round of the NCAA - WITH SOME OTHER COACHES PLAYERS. The same people that did not give Tubby credit for the 98 title with Pitino's players can't just give Billy credit for the Sweet 16 with some other coaches players. If you look at it this way, Billy Gillispie and HIS players have won EXACTLY ZERO games in the NCAA tourney. Still never won anything and never will. Hope he brings that run and gun, man to man pressure defense, 94 feet of furious action to the Big Blue Nation and we will still go 20-10 and get booted out in the second round of the NCAA, which means..................we got nothing but big huge black eyes for showing our A$$E$ and out lack of class at how Tubby was treated.
    He hasn't been anywhere long enough to win with his players completely (some of the guys on his last - and BEST - A&M team were recruited by him), but he DID bring in a 5 star recruit that would have played next year. He also recruited most of those star players at Illinois that went to the final 4 a few years ago.

Tubby was a great person, but there's no denying that these last 2 years were the worst non-probation years ever at KY and next year was definitely going to be worse.

This guy brings a refreshing bunch of energy into the program, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.