Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Center Hill - 6 April (Good Friday)

Yes indeed it was a Good Friday, fished from 7am-4pm on the lower end..... partner and I caught about 16 total (LM, SM and spots). Biggest was a little over 4lbs (beautiful dark brown smallmouth); most went 2 or 2 1/2-pounds.....Air temp was around 38 and got up to 45 (felt more like 30 all day with the wind whipping as much as 15 mph)...Water temp started out at 54 and got up to 59.... Partner and I fished jigs, finese, crankbaits, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits... caught fish on all 5 presentations.... had to fish back coves and hollows to keep from being blown off the lake.... saw numerous boats that looked like they were pre-fishing for a tourny; even saw a Z something Ranger that had a "Bounty" paper towell wrapping which kind of clued me into the folks who looked like they were pre-fishing.... I can't remember if their is another big tourny coming or perhaps they were all from a bass club or something who were just pre-fishing --- oh well, we left at least 16 fish for them to catch this weekend...... stay warm out there --- hate the cold temps especially for all the flowers/buds that it will kill...... tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Center Hill - 6 April (Good Friday)

WOW Dover sounds like it was a good friday, at least for you. I bet you did have to hide from that wind in the hollows. I considered going friday as well, but saw how windy it was, not to mention the cold, and decided to get some of the honey-dos behind me so when it warms back up I can make it back down there. When I was down there a couple of weekends ago, I never could get fully out of the wind no where I went. Sounds like you boys hit it right, even with the cold and wind. Too bad you wouldn't in a tourney, sounds like you might have took some green home with you. We are going to have to wet a line when it warms back up some, being off the water for a couple of weeks this time of year is killing me...cabin fever should be over with by now LOL....Talk to you later and be safe when you go again...283

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Center Hill - 6 April (Good Friday)

I think the BITE tour was fishing CH this past weekend. That might be why that "Bounty" boat was lurking around, Also I think the Golden Eagle is coming up soon maybe pre fishin'.