Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat tags and Taxes

Is it just me or did everyone's boat appreciate in value this year? I got my registration notices in and they are 15 to 20% higher than last year. I was ok with license fees going up, well sort of OK. when I past the gas station this morning I needed CPR! Then I get home and the tag notice for my thirty year old lowe jon boat my grandfather gave me when I was 15 was over twenty dollars I nearly fainted. Has PETA taken over Kentucky, come on now let's raise taxes on cars with 1000 watt speakers that rumble by the house at 2am. There is bound to be some good money in taxing those rice burning super bikes that run 120 from corner to corner while you try to pull around the corner with your boat in tow and this fool trys to fit under the hitch. and it is your fault for not having a rotating warning ligt informing the biker that the boat was not moving under it's own power. Just a few minutes ago there were a bunch of people singing and saying NO NO NO no no new taxes if you elect me. Seems we might have heard that one. So instad of new taxes we just reapraise everything we own now and charge the same rate and still get more money. Now I get it man and some people get paid to think like that, well like the man said I should have been here yesterday. Man I need a clear day a gentle breeze a school of hungry fish a cooler full of food and drink. and a private little cove where it is just the water, the fish, and my baby and me!
    Keep them guessing and tight lines folks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat tags and Taxes

Third post and I already know you are gonna fit right in, tell it brother tell it.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly!
    My Jon Boat went up in value as well. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Before you pay go to the PVA offiice and ask them to double check your valuation. They frequently get the boat valuations wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Bigpoppy - Testify brother, testify!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverfisher View Post
    Before you pay go to the PVA offiice and ask them to double check your valuation. They frequently get the boat valuations wrong.

I will ask for a re-evaluation. According to this years tax and reg. I now own a 2000 model instead of a 99. Don't look a year mewer to me, still got the same scratches on it from the first year!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, when I told the clerk it was higher this year than last year, she said..............everything is going up! Me...I'm moving to Tennessee. Hope like heck I am not jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Good fishing there so that should take any stings out.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here! Taxes on my jon boat went up $20.00's over last year! Just goes to show you how important us "little" jon boat owners are to the survival of the economy of Kentucky.

Post Thanks / Like

When do they actually expire is it the end of this month, I'm at work and can't remember for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    When do they actually expire is it the end of this month, I'm at work and can't remember for some reason.
    Yep, end of this month.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one for you guys to answer, maybe one of you has had a similar experience:

I sold my old boat the second week of July 2006. Apparently the idiots that bought it never transferred the title. Now from what I've heard, the man and woman had a big argument and went their seperate ways the next day after buying the boat. The woman paid for the boat, and my guess is that the man destroyed the title out of meaness. Now, the boat is still in my name and I owe taxes on it. Can I just call up the county courthouse and say that the boat was destroyed or something like that to relieve me of the taxes and ownership of it? How in the heck do I get my name off of a boat I don't own any more, with no title in hand?

Just want a little feedback from you guys before I call up the courthouse and do battle over this stupid issue.....

Post Thanks / Like

i must be one of the lucky ones ,my actually went down abit and my fishing buddies did as well,maybe they are saying we own crappy boats i guess