Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

No turkeys for me today

Got up and left, made it halfway to Taylorsville and said heck with this rain and wind. Turned the truck around and came home. Oh well, still got plent of season and the opportunity to hunt pretty much when ever I want LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No turkeys for me today

Just came in myself hunted all morning and only saw one hen she hung around my decoys for about 2 hours before she moved on, going to go back out later and sit for a while theres been gobblers in this field every afternoon around 6 so hopefully they will be there later.

Post Thanks / Like

I made my very first journey after a turkey this morning. I've never been before. Picked a heck of a day to get my feet wet. Stayed out about 3 hours, saw one small gobbler with 5 hens.

Maybe next time

Post Thanks / Like

Pastorbass, Don't think of today as turkey hunting, go when conditions are better and you will be hooked. Once one of those big ole boys gobbles at your call and starts making his way to you, you will be hooked!

MrChickyBaBa, you are a tougher guy than me, I have written the day off.

Post Thanks / Like

Well yesterday afternoon I was back at it and finally got some gobblers to come in, problem is they were at 25 yards and I thought they were closer since I was using my bow I shot just underneath one of them and just grazed a few feathers. Today I am taking my shotgun and going to another farm hopefully with better results.

Post Thanks / Like

let us know how you did chicky, I am planning on going again on Tuesday if things work out. Be happy that you got to work a bird, that is all I ask for is the cahnce LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Hunted 2 different farms today, saw 2 different gobblers but no luck. One saw me first on the way back to the truck and took off, the other I saw from about 4oo yards with binocs. I got within 100 yards of where I last saw him and set out my decoys and gave a few soft yelps to try and get his attention. I gave him about 30 minutes and started easing up the hill where I last saw him, well I never did see him again so I don't know what happened. I think with the wind blowing so hard that he never heard any of my calls and he just went on his way which was over the property line, so he got lucky today. Going out again in the morning and taking my bow again, hopefully they are gobbling in the morning.