Started our Spring Fling to Bull Shoals on Friday the 13th. Can you think of a better day to start a fishing trip? We stayed in Springfield the first night could not get cabin until 3:00 P.M. Saturday so we went to Fin and Feathers bait shop, Bass Pro and went to dinner at the Out Back. Woke up Saturday to find car and boat covered with snow.

The weather got better everyday. lake very clear boat depth finder read 21ft and I could see stumps directly below (this is as clear as I have seen this lake in 25 years). 6lb fluorocarbon and shaky head jig and watermelon worm was the key. The bite was very light I missed several fish because they felt me before I felt them. We caught mostly Kentucky bass, Smallmouth were next and then Largemouth.

Kentuckies were about 2 ¾ with the biggest probably 3 ½ biggest Small mouth was 4 and the biggest Largemouth was 6. None of the fish were bedding but they were very close the warmest water we found was 62 degrees. Water temperature was 52 when we started.

We had to nice weather not enough clouds or wind for such clear water. Still caught seven to ten fish a day. Wednesday was the only cloudy day and I caught 15. Good trip we had a great time.

Beep Beep