Took my dad fishing on Watts Bar Thursday-Saturday. Me, my brother and my dad got our limits on Thursday and Friday. Fish averaged between 11" and 16". Biggest ran around 2lbs. Most were females. We caught our fish in the Piney River area. Sorry Crappiepappy, we were doing so good we stayed put around Spring City area. Thanks for your help! The crappie were all caught shallow trolling a 1/16 oz. roadrunner chartreuse head with black and chartreuse curly tail. Fish were near the surface in 4-6' of water. We caught a few casting to submerged trees that were in 10' of water. Never fished any docks, didn't have to. We caught the majority of our fish in Wolf Creek back in the creeks loaded with stumps. The white crappie will be in on the banks this week. We caught a few on the banks but did better off the banks over the weekend. Biggest stringer of crappie we have ever caught. We really caught some nice fish! It rained 2 of the 3 days we were there, plus 10-20 mph winds, including a tornado Thursday. This week would the be the week to go for the slabs on Watts Bar!
Good Fishin!
Bassky