Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville Lake

Anyone got any hints for me. I am going to the lake this weekend. Need some help?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville Lake

What are you fishing for??

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Can any one tell me how to post a new topic? Or maybe some one can tell me how the bass are doing on taylorsville lake. I caught a nice 5 1/2lb out of there about two weeks ago and can't seem to get them to bite much. I beleave they are still on the nest right now. Can any one confirm that.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the spawn is about over for most fish....Try some small crankbaits or spinner baits around laydowns and secondary points in the coves....... Should get some topwater action going in the early am and late pm's about dark.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info MsgMills. Its hard to get people to give any info up some times.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished on Sat from 8 - 3 caught 12, two biggest were 14 inches. all on crank and soft plastic. Lost one that was about 3 lbs, did see it by the boat, on a crank. I mainly fished on the main lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickey29 View Post
    Can any one tell me how to post a new topic?
    On the main forum page there's a brown box in the upper left that looks just like the Reply box but it says Post. Click on that to start a new thread.

I was just reading the KDFWR assessment of Taylorsville, posted on their web site: http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.asp?cid=579&NavPath=C101C552 Pretty interesting reading. Seems like the bass fishing there should do nothing but get better the next couple years!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickey29 View Post
    Thanks for the info MsgMills. Its hard to get people to give any info up some times.
    The reason no one answers about Taylorsville is because there is about 52 tournaments per week on that mudhole. Wish I could help but I would almost rather have Comet in my eyes than fish that place. Too many jetskiers, pleasureboaters, five hundred and fifty thousand people beating the banks, so on. and so on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    On the main forum page there's a brown box in the upper left that looks just like the Reply box but it says Post. Click on that to start a new thread.

I was just reading the KDFWR assessment of Taylorsville, posted on their web site: http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.asp?cid=579&NavPath=C101C552 Pretty interesting reading. Seems like the bass fishing there should do nothing but get better the next couple years!
    Thanks Roadtoad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    The reason no one answers about Taylorsville is because there is about 52 tournaments per week on that mudhole. Wish I could help but I would almost rather have Comet in my eyes than fish that place. Too many jetskiers, pleasureboaters, five hundred and fifty thousand people beating the banks, so on. and so on.
    Yea I will agree with that. Their is too many jetskiers, pleasure boaters.
    But as far as all the fishermen on the lake beaten the banks to me that is what makes me a better fishermen. Trying to use all the knowledge I have picked up over the years from others talking and get tips from other guys. Yea I would love to go out there and catch fish ever time but where is the challange in that and yes I will be the first to say it get old some time not catching fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Went Wednesday and caught fish all day long. I took a friend that loves to bass fish but doesn't get the opportunity very often. We must be living right to catch as many as we did with that high pressure and bluebird skies. Try the points and lay-downs around Jacks and Ashes. Everything we caught was on soft plastic or a crankbait. Chtrs/wht on the cb and the color doesn't matter on the plastics as long as it's green pumpkin or black. Texas and carolina rigged creatures did most of the catching on the deeper stuff while the cb's picked up a few off shallow wood cover. Had one break me off on my carolina rig fishing some deep junk almost directly accross from the dam. Set the hook and was fighting him when he broke my 14# leader right in the middle. I wouldv'e been cussing out loud if we hadn't had such a good day already on "The Dead Sea." Between the two of us we caught somewhere between 25 to 30 fish, about half keepers, couple around 2 1/2 to 3 #s. Somebody must be feeding 'em because the 16" to 18" fish were fatter than I can remember seeing them before. Best I can tell ya is look to do some fishing in 10 to 25 feet of water or more for the better part of the day. Everything we caught shallow was early morning and then again from dusk on till dark. Good luck to ya'.