Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of Gas:

Post Thanks / Like

Price of Gas:

Ok guys this is the way it is. -I was going to go to Cedar Creek in the AM:-But just got out to take the grandkids home an seen them gas prices jump up to 2.99 gal.--As of right now im Pi$$ed---Just not in the mood to pay that kind of money to go to Cedar--so for you who are going tomorrow do have fun...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Price of Gas:

I saw a piece on CNN where some experts are predicting that gas will hit $4 per gallon in certain parts of the country this summer.

Big oil companies blame it all on repairs to their refineries while still posting record profits. Kinda funny how all of the refineries all need repair at once, ain't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the boating issue everytime gas jumps like this we lose a bunch of money keeping our trucks at work on the road!
    I love my 5hp merc.

Post Thanks / Like

kinda funny how if crude goes up on the stock market gas goes up right away and if crude goes down gas prices stay the same or may even continue to rise . it's just not fair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate gas prices and oil tycoons!!! It is crazy. If one of those guys/gals takes a deep breath gas prices change. Everyone knows gas stations have not bought there gas today and it was nowhere near that price when they bought it. I understand they must profit so the next time they can buy...but $.32!!!/gallon increase. Americans (EVERYONE) needs to not go anywhere on 1 day!!! or a couple of days. Shut down America! I am talking about the CEO's down to the everyday labor worker. Guarantee someone listens then!!! It definitely puts a damper on fishing...but it really gets depressing to try to make a little money at work and to pay 2.99/gallon to get there!! My job doesn't pay that well!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure that an increase should keep any bass fisher down.... i mean if you are buying a can of worms and going to sit on abank maybe but .32 increase on a 20 gallon boat tank is 6.40 and maybe 6 or 7 on the truck that is only 13 dollars heck that is 1 or 2 lures I have no money but 13 dollars isnt going to keep me from spending a day in my haven

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfishinnut View Post
    I am not sure that an increase should keep any bass fisher down.... i mean if you are buying a can of worms and going to sit on abank maybe but .32 increase on a 20 gallon boat tank is 6.40 and maybe 6 or 7 on the truck that is only 13 dollars heck that is 1 or 2 lures I have no money but 13 dollars isnt going to keep me from spending a day in my haven

I understand what you are saying man--But for me who likes to get out and fish 2 an 3 times a week it adds up fast-now if you stay close to home and fish its not to bad then---GL to you all the next three days-I will wait till next week and see---lol--That will mean i have gone 9 days without fishing--yuck---Might need to get more pills from my doc....you know chill pills----

Post Thanks / Like

Some how I think that the big picture is being missed here. Folks we all love to fish and it will cost more to go fishing. I love to fish as much as anyone. But what about the inflation that this will cause? Everything is going to cost more due to the cost of fuel! Every business buys fuel and will pass the cost onto the consumer. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Look at how much money is being spent on campaigning for the office of governor. I think that big business is ripping all of us off and politics is big business! And oh yes look at the stock market. Look at foreclosures. Well when it all goes bust this time we might not have a home but the fat cats will be jumping out of windows once again. It's sad.

DA

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like it, it won't stop me, but it will sure slow me down !!!

Post Thanks / Like

They want you to think that gas will only cost $5.00 more to fill up. The big oil companies have got us conditioned that there is nothing they can do and that gas at $2.25 is a good price. Their profits go up but mine have stayed the same for 2 years. It was not that long ago gas was only a $1.50 a gal. It has doubled in price. It now takes $60.00 to fill up my truck and who knows how much to fill up the boat, round trip from Louisville to Rough River or Nolin will cost me around $100.00. I love to fish but I just can't do it. It will make me sick to spend that kind of money on gas + all the baits I will lose lol. Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with MustangW, some action on us citizens part may cause a reaction (or at least realization) on the big policy makers. Until we as citizens start telling our political appointees that they will not be voted in another term unless we see improvement (and stick to it) we won't see any improvement.

We need town hall meetings to addess top priorities of citizens as a whole.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive said this for a long time although I do not believe in my wildest imaginations that it can or will ever happen - BUT , if the people/families in this country would boycott WalMart and stick together on it , then let Wally's profits suffer a LOT, they would be more than willing to fight the battle against the oil companies .We , as individuals can't make a dent .We have all probably done the emailed "one day boycotts" and only bought into the "only buy gas from NON-ARAB countries" thing .None of it works . We need a bigger hammer.....enter Wally.....think about it .
    I also agree with previous posts concerning notifying our elected officials . The problem is the same as the one with our borders -that if political leaders and public officials werent making money from it or receiving benefit as a result of it , something would already have been done .This is OUR country - it doesnt belong to those who have been elected . They are supposedly only representatives of the people , not party puppets or talking heads .A total house cleaning is needed from top to bottom......NOW !
    Last edited by spinnerbaitguy; 04-27-2007 at 01:32 AM.