Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good showing BabyHuey

saw that you bounced back with three keepers on the second day. For those that didn't know, he was fishing the BASS Elite series event as a co-angler and finished 64th. out of over 100 anglers.

Who were your two anglers you fished with and give us details of the tourney.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good showing BabyHuey

Yeah good job, and who did you fish with...Did you get to stay with Jordan the seconf day since that was who you were originally drew out with...I saw Jordan had over 20 lbs. the first day....

Post Thanks / Like

No I just fished with Jordon the first day. Unlucky for me he site fished all day, I did not really have a chance in my opinion to catch fish. I would guess a lot of the co-angler 0s and low weight were due to fishing behind the site fishermen. On day 2 I think Jordon fished spinnerbaits and did not site fish as much, hence his co-angler did well.

I fished with Greg Guiterrez(spelling?) on day 2 and had a blast. Let me tell you Greg is a class act and I would fish out of the back of his boat any day. I hope to see Greg pick up a big time sponsor to help with his expenses, he is a valuable person to the BASS organization. A lot of the professionals could care less about the co-angler, but not Greg. I am now a fan.

I had 3 keepers and lost 3 big fish that would have easily put me in the money on Saturday. I saw a 4 to 5 pound fish cruising and threw a pop-r at it and she came after it, I got thinking that Greg had been so nice to me, so as the big girl went to inhale my bait I ripped it away and let Greg have a chance at it, but neither of us got her.

I then missed two big fsh on spinnerbaits (had trailer hooks on too) one of them about ripped the rod out of my hand and it still got off. That is fishing I guess.

I had a great time and learned some things that will help make me a better fishermen.

Thanks for all the nice comments

Post Thanks / Like

That happens on occasion with the pro's. A lot of times it is not even them trying to cut you off from fish as much as they get pretty focused on catching them, that they don't even think about the co-angler. It is also tough for both anglers because the pro is trying to carve out a living trying to coax a green fish to bite. Glad you did the important thing as a co-angler which is to pay attention and try and learn as much as possible. A lot of times on the last day, a pro will go out of his way to help you if you have a chance to win.

Congrats either way, very good job.