Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wisconsin fishing resorts

hey guys, I was if any of yoiu all have ever been to the eagle river chain of lakes in wisconsin. trying to put together a fishing trip next summer and are lookign for some good resorts in the northern wisconsin area. If any of you have been to the eagle river area i would love to hear about the fishing, also if there are any other good places to go in wisconsin please let me know.
    '

Thanks
    Fred

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wisconsin fishing resorts

Been fishing the Eagle River area each year since '87 & highly recommend it. Glad to offer some opinions.

Are you taking a family vacation or strictly a fishing trip? What kind of fishing (species) do you want to do? Your own boat or rental?

Post Thanks / Like

Cincinnati,

thanks for the reply. It will be a family fishing trip, my mom and dad, me and my wife. basically it will be my dad and i fishing and the wives either taking the pontoon boat out or hanging in the cabin. We have been going to ely minnesota for the past 20 years but are looking for a place a little closer to home. we are looking for a resort that has nice cabins but is not priced through the roof. We will primarily be fishing for walleyes, smallmouth and panfish would be an added plus. We will be bringing our own boats so we will not need rentals. I would welcome any suggestions that you may have in terms of any certain lakes or any resorts that you know of.

Once again thanks for you help

Fred

Post Thanks / Like

Fred,

Sorry for the slow reply. Had a long weekend away from the computer.

Please check your Private Messages. More questions & some brief info for you!

onemorecast56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fredcombs View Post
    Cincinnati,

thanks for the reply. It will be a family fishing trip, my mom and dad, me and my wife. basically it will be my dad and i fishing and the wives either taking the pontoon boat out or hanging in the cabin. We have been going to ely minnesota for the past 20 years but are looking for a place a little closer to home. we are looking for a resort that has nice cabins but is not priced through the roof. We will primarily be fishing for walleyes, smallmouth and panfish would be an added plus. We will be bringing our own boats so we will not need rentals. I would welcome any suggestions that you may have in terms of any certain lakes or any resorts that you know of.

Once again thanks for you help

Fred
    Hi Fred, I`ve been going to Ely since I was 18 months old too..I`m 50 now so that tells you how long I`ve been going there but like you I`m looking for a place closer less pricey too. Ely has just about priced me out. I`d been going in the off season to get my cabins half price. I`ve got a few places that I`ve looked into around the Hayward area. If you`ll shoot me your email adress I`ll send you the links. I`m looking for a place that has musky too. They are a blast to fish for. So hope we can find a good nice place too. Benn trying to get some of these guys on here to go. Love to find 4 guys to all go and split the cost and spend a week catchin smallies. The guys just wouldn`t beleive how good the fishin is up there.

Doug
    onemorecast56@aol.com