Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just Back From Barkley

WOW!!! WHAT A TIME!!!! CAUGHT ALMOST 200 BETWEEN ME AND BY BUDDY FOR THE 5 DAYS WE WERE THERE. WE WERE CATCHING SO MANY FISH WE TOOK A 2-3 HOUR NAP EVERYDAY. I MEAN IT IS STILL MY VACATION. JUST TAKE A LITTLE NAP AND WAKE UP AND START WACKING THEM AGAIN. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START. WE AVERAGED AROUND 30-40 FISH A DAY. WE HAD 36 KEEPERS IN ALL. WE CAUGHT 80 PERCENT OF OUR FISH ON TOPWATER. BUZZBAITS WERE THE MAIN BAIT, BUT I HAD TWO OVER 4 POUNDS ON A POPPER AND 8LB TEST. THOSE WERE TWO FUN FIGHTS. THE BIGGEST FISH WAS 5.9 POUNDS ON A BUZZBAIT. IT WAS SO HARD TO PUT THAT THING DOWN BECAUSE THEY WERE BUSTING IT ALLLLLLLLL DAY LONG. IF THE POCKET HAD A CREEK CHANNEL THAT RAN THROUGHT THE BACK, WE WERE IN BUSINESS!! Bigfish AROUND THE BACKS OF THE BAYS WITH THE CREEK CHANNELS RUNNING TO THE BACK. HAD GREAT SUCCESS IN CLAY BAY AND MAMMOUTH FURNACE BAY. THE LAST DAY WENT TO KUHN CREEK AND HAD 5 KEEPERS IN THE MORNING AND OVER 20 FISH IN A LITTLE OVER 2 HOURS. SIMPLY PUT, I NEVER COULD IMAGINE A BETTER TRIP. WHEN A BUZZBAIT IS YOUR FAVORITE BAIT, IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER. WELL ONLY ONCE IT GOT BETTER WHEN I TOOK A 4.6LB BASS ON THAT POPPER ABOUT 20 YARDS FROM ALFRED WILLIAMS IN THE BP BOAT. HE HADNT HAD A KEEPER TO THAT POINT AND I HAD THREE. I KNOW HE THOUGHT I WAS SOME DUMB FISHERMAN JUST GOT LUCKY AND ACTUALLY HE WAS RIGHT. I WAS THROWING THE POPPER JUST FOR FUN ON THAT LIGHT LINE. HOWEVER, ONCE ONE THAT BIG GETS ON THAT LIGHT LINE, I HAVE FOUND THAT IT IS NOT FUN AND I WANT TO PUKE THE WHOLE TIME TILL I GET THAT FISH IN THE NET. LOL... WELL I HAD A GREAT TRIP AND CANT WAIT TIL NEXT SPRING!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Just Back From Barkley

Nothing like Barkley when the fishing is hot like that. People that haven't experienced that type of fishing before, often think your lying, when you're really telling them the truth. There's been a few times, I could hardly believe what I was catching myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just Back From Barkley

it all sounds like a huge lie doesn't it?!?!? people need to experience barkley in the spring at least once in their lifetime. unbeleivable!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bigwormy, when the buzzbait bite is like that it's every fisherman's favorite bait. Sounds like you had an awesome trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Wormy, you've been wanting a good trip and there ya go. Sounds awesome and I know that ole buzzer is your favorite anyway. I'm glad you and your buddy had a great trip, ain't it fun to whack a few right in front of a pro, makes you swell up like a banny rooster don't it.

Post Thanks / Like

Bigwormy
    It's trips like that that keep ya going back, and makes ya forget all those trips when ya didn't catchem !! Seems like I've been on more of the didn't catchem trips though. Great to hear about your success !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you had a good time, but................ dude, turn the caps lock off when you type. LOL