Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow

Going to Dale next week (5/14 - 5/18) with some friends. We make this trip every year at this time but I noticed the lake level was up 2 ft. over summer pool and still rising. I was just curious if anybody is doing any good on the lower end of the lake (First Island to the dam). We usually do pretty good on main or secondary points but with the water rising, maybe in the backs of coves will produce. I'm not looking for "honey holes" or "secret baits" I have my own, just looking for some info.

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Hollow

jollyroger --- went this past Saturday, 5 may from 7am-4pm and survived the downpour all day until about 2pm...water temp was low 70s and we fished your same area from 1st Island to the dam.....there are still plenty doing their thing both smallmouth and largemouth....... smallmouth seemed to have almost completed their cycle for the ones we put in the boat they were all lean and thin........ largemouth pretty much the same however we caught a lot of cruisers by throwing plastics in front of them (flukes/trickworms, etc)........ we fished mainly small pockets from creek to creek....... did notice the water all the way up but didn't really notice it being 2 feet over summer pool --maybe it got that way after Saturday's rain..... wish you luck and I'm sure you'll put a few over the rail....... tight lines.... :-)