Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

USA Bassin - Green River Lake 5-5 results

The weatherman really messed up on Saturday, May 5th. The forecast called for showers and thundershowers all day, but mother nature disagreed. our anglers left the ramp bundled up and ready to get soaked only to barely see a drop of rain all day. The weather turned out to be perfect, even if the fishing wasn't.

Every team weighed in fish, but the size and numbers were much smaller than they were for our last event. Ronnie Blackwell and Paul Rice brought the winning sack of fish to the scales. They caught a 7.46 pound limit Carolina rigging lead in banks to main lake cuts and points.

Finishing second was the team of Bruce Morgan and Clint Cone with a 7.16 pound limit, anchored by the tournament's big fish. Showing how the size had fallen off from the last event, the big fish was only 2.22 punds (it took more than twice that in April). They caught theri fish on finesse gear again, but the bites were scattered all over the lake.

The points race is heating up as Cone/Morgan holds a slim 1 point lead over second place Blackwell/Rice. With two events remaining, either team could take the division. Our next event is this weekend (May 12th). Things are getting interesting and with the lake up over summer pool now the fishing may be heating back up a little as well.

Clint Cone
    USA Bassin Green River Lake division director
    859 608 7997
    clintcone@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: USA Bassin - Green River Lake 5-5 results

Clint

Thanks for keeping the information updated on the USA Bassin Green River division. I have only fished a small amount of tournaments in the last couple of years and would like to start back fishing more. I would only be able to fish the last tournament on your schedule this year so I will keep your division in mind for 08 that is if you plan on doing it again next year.

R19

Post Thanks / Like

We definitely plan on having this division again next year. We'll be trying to do a better job at getting the word out as well to grow it a bit.

I have been thinking about tinkering with the schedule to put one ro two Barren River Lake tournaments in as well. I haven't run this idea past our current division participants or the national director, but let me know if this would be a positive or negative for you.

Thanks!
    Clint Cone
    USA Bassin Green River Lake division director
    859 608 7997
    clintcone@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think putting one or two on Barren would be a great idea. Alot of people in south central Ky enjoy fishing at Barren myself included. Since you are asking for my opinion I would like to throw in a few more suggestions/ideas. Barren gets hammered in the spring with tournaments...yes it is a good fishery but with low water conditions of spring boats are stacked up on top of each other. If your schedule willl permitt I would put the Barren tournaments on up in the summer/early fall the fishing is still great that time of year. As for the schedule on Green I noticed the schedule starts in late March and ends in early June. Maybey you could spread the season out longer having the same amount of tournaments. I dont know what the schedule for the nationals are so maybe that is the reason for the compact schedule. I know I am not a member of USA Bassin but I do appericate you asking for my input. I will keep an eye out for next years schedule.

R19