Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry My tax dollars at work

A good morning to go fishing! Fuel for the truck and boat,my spirits were dampened just a bit.Went to the river, high, fast, army corp looking out for my well being, after all the dam might fail.Well I'll try grider, but the thought of that long trek back to the truck from the bottom of the ramp, and the knee giving me a little discomfort, naw, I'll go to gunnels and fish the wolf river.Ramp under water, need waders to even get the boat off the trailer, now the spirits is lagging just a bit. So off to dale hollow state park, the ramp is being used for a photo oppfor a bunch of senior citizens, some youinger than I, so just wait till they decide to launch. Lake is about 4 ft over normal pool, the fish are not where they are supposed to be, three hours of trolling, 3 drum, one small spotted bass, the heck with this, back to the ramp, guess what? that loading only sign, means nothing to the soul who paerked the pontoon boat there, where is the park ranger? Guess I'll go to tunica tommorow, my luck has got to get better, maybe I'll loose my citizens ship, and move to canada, at least most of the folks over there speak english.And this was only a tuesday, what is going to happen when the summer rush starts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My tax dollars at work

Funny story in a real sad kind of way. That had to be frustrating. Too many miles driving and not enough fishin.

When did you go to C-River? Was that yesterday that was still so high? Curious cause I was hoping to go there this Friday or Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My tax dollars at work

Isn't it great though - when a "bad day" constitutes not catching many fish and having troubles at the ramp. We truly are blessed and as Dave Ramsey says, better than we deserve. I have those days sometimes (often actually), where nothing goes my way on the water - then I look around and realize hey, I'm on the water and I will just sit back and thank God for his beautiful creation and thank Him that He is working to make me more patient.

Soli Deo Gloria (to God alone be the Glory) and Blessed Fishin,
    jeremy