Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

LED blacklights??

Has anyone used a LED blacklight?
    Looking at Nites lll's LED blacklight in Bass Pro was wanting to know how it compares to a full size light.
    I've got a stan sloan,but its getting old and in rough shape..thanks..KP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LED blacklights??

I have two of the BPS Style they have that are optional to run on either D cell batteries or on 12 volt elec. from a battery in your boat. But the newest thing I found is the LED Blacklight that attaches to your Hat bill. Has 3 strong LED Blacklights that run on watch type batteries. I haven't used the new type yet but have used the ones with the white lights a lot, they work great. So I figured the Black Light type will work just as good or better. G/L

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: LED blacklights??

For the life of me I can't remember the brand that I bought but I love mine, it has a white led as well as blacklite

Post Thanks / Like

The best one on the market at present is the MoonLite. They make 2 different sizes, the full moon has 3 LED blacklights and 1 LED whiteliight, and the half moon, that has 2 LED blacklights. They are available both cordless and corded. We used them last season and they are by far the best lights that we have used. (yes, even better than a sloan).

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Moonlite full moon and I couldn't imagine owning anything else. They are very bright and Very Very Small.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at Moonlite (full moon & half moon) at Backwaters. Is that the best price or do you know were to get one for less$?

Post Thanks / Like

Check ebay or bizrate.com for lower prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: LED blacklights??

anyone have any problems getting less bites with the brighter light? I know that the new lights are supposed to be a lot brighter, i was just wondering if this could be a negative on getting the bites even though you can see the hit better. I am thinking about one of the nucli-eye lights and i don't want one if it makes my bite ratio go down. I have friends that do that for free

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tglass View Post
    anyone have any problems getting less bites with the brighter light? I know that the new lights are supposed to be a lot brighter, i was just wondering if this could be a negative on getting the bites even though you can see the hit better. I am thinking about one of the nucli-eye lights and i don't want one if it makes my bite ratio go down. I have friends that do that for free
    I have two of the stan sloans that go into a permanient(sp?) plug on the left side of my boat in the front for me and the back for partner. It is pretty bright or lit up when both of these are on. I have fished Dale Hollow at night and the bite be slow or just not there and turn the front one off and the bite seems to pick back up. Of course you have to fish straight in to your left side and not ahead to get some of the use of the black light from the back one or go to feel for the bite alot. On clear lakes like the hollow I believe that too much of a black light actually hurts you as far as catching goes, but It sure Is good about seeing things in the boat or getting up and moving around without turning on a regular light or a pin light.

Post Thanks / Like

i've seen boats with automotive driving lights that lit up the bank like daytime. They always caught as many or more than the rest of us. They said what scared the fish was turning the lights on and off and that if they moved slowly down the bank, the lights helped them catch more. If you're leary of bright blacklights, the moonlite halfmoon is about equal to a 1 bulb sloan. Moonlites have much better electronics than any of the other led lights.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LED black lights??

Glad to see some one has bought one of these. Please let us all know how that light works in the dark.

I had one in my hands last week while visiting the local Walmart and almost put it in the shopping cart. It sold for $10 plus tax which was not a bad price. I like the idea that you can stick it on the Baseball cap's bill.

Look maw, no hand! LOL

The last time I wore a light on my hat a neighborhood dog mistook me for something he didn't like and started to approach me in my yard with a lot of growling and angry barking. Lucky for him his owners were walking up the street with him and called him back to them. He obeyed and left me as I jumped up into my boat. I was out in the driveway working on something in my boat that night. It had just gotten dark. All the **** drug dealers walk their dogs right after dark. BTW it's a pit bull. I went inside after this incident and got m 22 rifle with a 30 shot clip in it. I won't let that dog scare me anymore. I'll shoot that **** thing if it attacks me again. Besides I am getting tired of stepping in the dog poop that he leaves in my front and side yard.

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    I have two of the BPS Style they have that are optional to run on either D cell batteries or on 12 volt elec. from a battery in your boat. But the newest thing I found is the LED Blacklight that attaches to your Hat bill. Has 3 strong LED Black lights that run on watch type batteries. I haven't used the new type yet but have used the ones with the white lights a lot, they work great. So I figured the Black Light type will work just as good or better. G/L