Search Fishin.com

Thread: Salem Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Salem Lake

today me and my wife went to salem lake in hodgenville to fish for bluegill and crappie. while in the middel of catching some decent bluegill she hooks what i think was a good crappie but as i saw it getting closer to the surface it was a 14 1/2 inch hybrid and three minutes later another hybrid around 13 inches. does anyone fish this lake ? it was my second time fishing it. also any info on theese hybrid there? how long they have been in there? any good size ones caught? thanks for any help or info.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salem Lake

They were white bass and they have been in there for a few years. I don't know if they were stocked or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salem Lake

I've been fishing that lake for 15 years and there are hybrids in there too. I caught 2 about 3lbs each about 10 years ago on a roostertail. I was up near the dam and cast out the roostertail and counted to 10 after it hit the water and then started the retreive. I caught another one by the fenceline in front of the farmhouse using a bomber. That's a great lake. The biggest bass I caught out of there was a 7 1/2. I wastold there were bigger ones in Macdougal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is a super old thread, but in case anyone is interested, there are certainly still hybrids and white bass in this place. I can't tell you how or why, but they're there. I was throwing a deep diving Bandit crankbait today and caught 7 white bass and caught a few hybrids a couple of months ago on a Rattle Trap. The white bass seem to all be very small, but there are some pretty fat hybrids in the place. Both, the white bass and hybrids, hang around the dog leg by the dam.