Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Mothers Day week end on Barren River

Well it takes alot to get me mad if I am at a camp ground with all of my favorite people with me. But there sure was some folks who tried to make a great week end go bad. A big storm hit friday night, we were camped at the tailwaters on Barren River, a great place to camp and take kids, it is a small camp with a nice level road and you can see from end to end. there is even a parking lot there for your boats. I have never had a bit of trouble down there in the twenty or so years that we have been fishing there. When the storm hit every one in the group all crowded into our tiny four man camper for the worst part of the storm to include the worlds most cowardly boxer dog now that is 8 people and a wet dog but we were all fresh from the house so the bo was low and the roof air was working well. Then it got ugly quick. my brother inlaw was standing outside under a rain fly (hard corp coon ass) a Louisiana term for a determined hillbilly, looked down to the boat lot and saw a flaslight behind my boat. at first we thought it was another person working to tie down something on thier boat but then the only other boat came past us coming back in. My brother in law headed down to check it out along with my son in law, well my SIL came back and said paw you won't believe this but they have drained both tanks bone dry well after spending nearly 60 dollars filling them buggers up that morning I was not a happy camper. I went to the Park Attendant he called the rangers and siad they would be there in a while to check it out and they siad that no one had left the park in at least an hour, and since there is only one road in and one road out they had to still be down there. I turned around started back to my camp and wait and I see my SIL running back down toward the boat lot as fast as he could. I kicked over the 4 barrel and got to lot and pulled up by him and the crooks had the brass to come back and climb up on the pontoon boat and they took off when he spotted them they left a clear trail through the waist high wet grass a blind man could follow, I turned my head lights on the field and in my right hand I held a book of instructions of why someone should stay away from my belongings and my loved ones, it was writen by Samual Colt in 1911A1. I made a rather clear announcement that it was going to be a very stormy night if anyone wanted to get near any thing else that belonged to me and my family. As for the rangers it was the part time guys and they really could not find any leads as to where they might have went with the fuel. I did ask them if they tried to follow the trail in the grass back to the camp site road way where they come out at, thier response was the grass was wet there was no way to track them at night. LOL. So if you do get to come down really be watching all of your stuff. I have heard folks having hithces stolen, whole trailrs,gas cans, chains, and one guy had his whole rear wind shield removed it was a sliding window that he left cracked and they came in and removed it in the day time at the ramp parking lot. Other than losing our fuel the week end was great we met some new folks had great fellowship with our family, we even caught more than a few fish. I hope to see you on the lake so if you see a big Poppy on a Pontoon boat give him a wave it will probably be me.

Good Luck
    Travel safe this summer
    Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Day week end on Barren River

Really ***** that scum try and ruin a good weekend for someone....I wish youd have caught their sorry a$$'s.....

Anyway hope your next adventure with the family is a lot nicer......
    Happy Camping......