Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Did the scheduled.......

I was just wondering, has the previously scheduled spring get together taken place?

Has the topic been dropped completely?

I remember Jim had set a date, and had taken over the planning, and I was just wondering what the status was.

Thanks,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did the scheduled.......

I guess not!!!!!

Another unfinished project, huh?

LMAO Used to be people on this board who followed through on the stuff that got started.

Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I guess not!!!!!Another unfinished project, huh?

LMAO Used to be people on this board who followed through on the stuff that got started.Oh well.
    ///////////////////

I take full responsibility for the failure of the get together not happening this year.
    I simply got overwhelmed with work, and to tell the truth, NO ONE reminded me like they used to..
    I was working on several projects, including the sporting clays event with the Boy Scouts when I suddenly realized.. the weekend for the get together had come and gone.
    Funny thing is I was just coming to the board to ask about it.. when I remembered that we normally have it the second weekend in May.
    That sort of conflicted with several things that week and I just plain forgot..
    SO we can try for one in the fall or we can try again next year.
    However I can no longer manage to put it all together on my own
    I just do not have the time to put it all together. Success is a real pain in the ass.. I am to that point where I need help with my business but can not afford to hire it. Any extra work or projects just simply get put off or forgotten.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

How about a get together committee (you can tell I'm baptist - we have committees for everything) - get 5 posters on here together and let them have it. No need in one person carrying all the load and having all the responsibility.

Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries here Jim. I completly understand the part about being covered up with business. No reason that I can see that we can't get one together for this summer or this fall. Maybe an all nighter on Dale fishing for smallies. Or a trip on the creekbanks of the Elkhorn if there was a place big enough to for everyone to camp. Anyway the time doesn't really matter just the opportunity to meet some of the good folks we talk to everyday, which from what I understand was the main purpose of the get together. I did not get to go to the one last year and would be interested in getting there this year. Pastorbass has the right idea about getting a few together to help plan this thing out. One man just can't handle all of this alone. JMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Hope the gold shine on the fishing trophy has not been rubbed of by someones cheeks... =8)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_donger View Post
    Hope the gold shine on the fishing trophy has not been rubbed of by someones cheeks... =8)
    I hear grumpy installed it on his boat.. in the drivers seat.. Uses it for any one who tells too many fishing stories.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I guess not!!!!!

Another unfinished project, huh?

LMAO Used to be people on this board who followed through on the stuff that got started.

Oh well.
    No problem Jim.

We actually cancelled our Spring Get-Together on the Creek Bank for the first time this yr. A lot of folks had a lot going on. It's completely understandable. Folks tend to forget that others have lives. If it was that big of a deal someone should've stepped up and offered a hand rather than a smart mouth.

DCBasser,
    We do have a nice little campground at the mouth of the Elkhorn we camp at. Stillwaters Campground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneckshadrap View Post
    No problem Jim.

We actually cancelled our Spring Get-Together on the Creek Bank for the first time this yr. A lot of folks had a lot going on. It's completely understandable. Folks tend to forget that others have lives. If it was that big of a deal someone should've stepped up and offered a hand rather than a smart mouth.

DCBasser,
    We do have a nice little campground at the mouth of the Elkhorn we camp at. Stillwaters Campground.
    I couldn't have put it better myself........

Post Thanks / Like

DCBasser,
    We do have a nice little campground at the mouth of the Elkhorn we camp at. Stillwaters Campground........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    I could not think of a better way to get together than a good ol campground wading a few creeks, food fixed over an open fire, and a little pickin' and grinnin'. Count me in. Heck we can even sit around in a circle holding hands and sing cumbaya as far as I'm concerned. Somebody bring the trophy for I feel it will change hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcbasser View Post
    DCBasser,
    We do have a nice little campground at the mouth of the Elkhorn we camp at. Stillwaters Campground........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    I could not think of a better way to get together than a good ol campground wading a few creeks, food fixed over an open fire, and a little pickin' and grinnin'. Count me in. Heck we can even sit around in a circle holding hands and sing cumbaya as far as I'm concerned. Somebody bring the trophy for I feel it will change hands.

We're planning one for the weekend of Oct20-21 there at Stillwaters for a welcome home fishing/pickin outing for our friend who's in Iraq.
    It's open to anyone.

Billy

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to mark those Oct dates on the calender. Should be a good time. Creek Rodeos always are

Andrew