Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Volunteers Needed IDNR

Volunteer fishing instructors needed at Indiana State Fair
    -----------------------------------------------------------

The Department of Natural Resources and the Indiana State Fair will team up again this summer to introduce kids to fishing at the new fishing pond outside the Natural Resources Building on the State Fairgrounds.

More than 6,200 children and parents learned about and tested their angling skills during the pond's inaugural 2006 year.

Individuals, families, or recreational groups are welcome to help. Groups offering 10 or more volunteers can use the fair pond and amphitheater during open times to showcase their organization.

Volunteers are needed for:

- Fishing guidance at the pond (casting, releasing of catch, baiting hooks, maintaining safety of participants).

- Assisting with hands-on learning and craft activities that pertain to fishing.

- Maintaining fishing equipment during the fair (set-up and care of equipment, tying bobbers and hooks on fishing line).

- Registering kids who are participating in fishing event.

The 2007 Indiana State Fair runs Aug. 8 - 19. The Indiana State Fairgrounds is on the north side of Indianapolis at the intersection of 38th Street and Fall Creek Blvd.

Volunteer contact, Lynn Felts, (317) 562-1338, or:
    lfelts@dnr.in.gov

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volunteers Needed IDNR

I would love to help them out if and only if they moved the fair to Vanderburgh or Warrick County. It's just too far away from Evansville for me to travel up there with the price of gas these days.

I do support their cause and try to take the neighborhood kids fishing once in a while. My only problem is not having life jackets small enough to fit the kids. I depend on their parents to purchase and supply the life jackets for their kids. I just supply the boat and gas and fishing equipment.

If I lived next to KY lake I would take up fishing for a living and become a guide. I'd have to sell my house first in order to by a new bigger boat that could handle a big lake like KY lake. My little 16 ft long john boat doesn't take the big waves at all. And I would also have to buy one of them new fangled Humminbird Side scanning Sonar Units to find all of Weezers and Cane Poles hidden crappie fishing spots. LOL. Poor Pat will feel left out though as I am sure that if too many people buy the new Humminbird 797s they won't need his lake maps any longer. Although any new guide would be unwise to start up a business on KY lake without them in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbum View Post
    Volunteer fishing instructors needed at Indiana State Fair
    -----------------------------------------------------------

The Department of Natural Resources and the Indiana State Fair will team up again this summer to introduce kids to fishing at the new fishing pond outside the Natural Resources Building on the State Fairgrounds.

More than 6,200 children and parents learned about and tested their angling skills during the pond's inaugural 2006 year.

Individuals, families, or recreational groups are welcome to help. Groups offering 10 or more volunteers can use the fair pond and amphitheater during open times to showcase their organization.

Volunteers are needed for:

- Fishing guidance at the pond (casting, releasing of catch, baiting hooks, maintaining safety of participants).

- Assisting with hands-on learning and craft activities that pertain to fishing.

- Maintaining fishing equipment during the fair (set-up and care of equipment, tying bobbers and hooks on fishing line).

- Registering kids who are participating in fishing event.

The 2007 Indiana State Fair runs Aug. 8 - 19. The Indiana State Fairgrounds is on the north side of Indianapolis at the intersection of 38th Street and Fall Creek Blvd.

Volunteer contact, Lynn Felts, (317) 562-1338, or:
    lfelts@dnr.in.gov

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Volunteers Needed IDNR

ISC (Indiana Smallmouth Conservation) has our own day @ the Fair for the fish pond adventure. It is an absolute blast watching kid's catch their first fish. Some of the smiles on the parents face is pretty priceless too. This is some kid's only chance to fish. You won't regret doing it. If your interested and want to do it, send me an e-mail @ krigby6644@sbcglobal.net and we will get ya in under the ISC group and it will cost ya nothing to get in or park and ya get a shirt. Most of the day last year I was the best guide on the pond