Search Fishin.com

Thread: GIZZ-4

Post Thanks / Like

Question GIZZ-4

Anyone been whacking the fish with this bait? I ordered a few of them a while back, but haven't had enough positive results to commit to it.....looking for some feedback on it!

On their webiste, there are some beautiful smallmouth that were caught on it...anyone care to share some similar experiences with it???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GIZZ-4

Two weeks ago I caught three nice LM at Herrington just before dark on a rocky bank working it like a dying shad. That's the beauty of this bait. Since it floats you can use it on top or crank it. This spring I caught a 8+ hybrid out of Herrington by trolling the lure. This bait will be a classic for sure.
    Last edited by Bonefish; 05-31-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Correction

Post Thanks / Like

I have had great success. The first time we used it we caught 5 Walleye in 90 minutes. Next Day two small stripers. Next week used it I trolled a different lake and caught two very small stripers (May have been white bass)

Try different colors and don't give up. I really am impressed..SO Far

Post Thanks / Like

Any color that you've had better luck with than others?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the black, green and blue pearl. All seem to work.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught the living daylights out of stripers all winter long at Cumberland. The shad color worked the best, but I threw it more...Also caught fish on blue and red. Outfished the x-rap my buddy was throwing by 5 to 1.

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught snapper, spotted sea trout, snook, rockbass, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, white bass, hybrid stripers, stripers, saugeye, walleye and channel cat on Gizz 4. Others have caught red drum, grouper, flathead cat, and yellow bass. Those are the ones I know about. My biggest striper is around 15 lb and my biggest smallmouth is the one I'm holding on the front page of Smacktackle.com. I've caught many, many fish on this lure and have fished it several different ways. I like it as a jerkbait. Thats how I got my biggest smallmouth. In Florida we flat wore out the largemouths by just twitching it on the surface. I love that surface action. I like these lures not only because I make them, but because they put fish in the boat for me.

Post Thanks / Like

My first fish on the Gizz4, Blue Prizm, was a 30" flathead cat! I've caught smallies, wipers, stripers, LM, white bass, even the drum in the TN river in Alabama like it on the bottom, behind a 4 foot leader, swivel and 1oz egg sinker!
    Biggest is probably in the 15-16 lb striper range, casting and cranking, and best hit and catch ever was at Ft. Loudon tailwaters, just twitching it on the surface out of the gates from shadow into sunlight, biggest silver streak just SMACKS the Gizz4 and man it's "FISH ON!"
    Nothing like watching your PB Striper take it on the surface, that's SMACK'N good fun!
    LMJ

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: GIZZ-4

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Morone View Post
    I've caught snapper, spotted sea trout, snook, rockbass, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, white bass, hybrid stripers, stripers, saugeye, walleye and channel cat on Gizz 4. Others have caught red drum, grouper, flathead cat, and yellow bass. Those are the ones I know about. My biggest striper is around 15 lb and my biggest smallmouth is the one I'm holding on the front page of Smacktackle.com. I've caught many, many fish on this lure and have fished it several different ways. I like it as a jerkbait. Thats how I got my biggest smallmouth. In Florida we flat wore out the largemouths by just twitching it on the surface. I love that surface action. I like these lures not only because I make them, but because they put fish in the boat for me.
    I've taken your word for it on these baits! I just ordered a variety of colors....if they work even half as good as you say, I'll be slinging these baits all day on a television show I've got coming up! Hopefully when I get back I can really talk some SMACK! Bring on the smallmouth!!!