Search Fishin.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Etiquette or NOT?

From what i understand GOOD OLE BOY=REDNECK.

Post Thanks / Like

Tournament fisherman or not whoever is there first shound not be intruded upon unless the intruder is looking for an A$$ whipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToddRose View Post
    Tournament fisherman or not whoever is there first shound not be intruded upon unless the intruder is looking for an A$$ whipping.
    almost took the words right out of my mouth. look if most of the fishermen who "fun fish" are like me then when you are actually out and on the fish youd like to have fun and catch as many as you can. now putting them in the livewell is a little much if they had no intent to either keep them or weigh them at a tourney weigh in. anymore i dont even mind pleasure boaters or jet skiers because thats how its going to be, they have as much right as anyone. i have come across good and bad tourney guys as well as non toruney guys. however it does make your blood boil a little when that cruiser goes by at aroung 100mph or the jet ski zoom by ten feet away but until everyone learns to RESPECT one another thats how it will be. noone owns the water we all just share a peice of passion with it, fishing,boating,sking,ect.

BTW, depending on the way i was approached by the tourney guy i may have said ok,and maybe observed from a distance to possibly get some pointers or learn a thing or two as that is his job im just looking to relax and catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I really do not know how I would repond to the tournament fishermen involved with this. On one hand I can see what is up for grabs for this guy he has paid his entry to take a chance at catching the largest and the most fish possible, but that is all he bought was a chance he did not buy the waters he fishing on and I do believe this is where a lot of ill will developes between guys like me who fish for fun and those who fish for money. a lot of guys on the tournament trails are out there in these super boats cruise 70+ mph hit a cove that you have just started working and slip in front of you and if there are fish they bomb the area and then hit hole shot throwing blue gill ten feet up the bank when they leave. Then there is always the two most joyful times of the day at any ramp for a non tournament fisherman. Try to load up or launch when there are 40 hungry caffene fueled speed oriented fisherman cleaning bug goo off their sun glasses, God knows you are not going to do it fast enough to suit these guys if you had a NASCAR pit crew to load you up they would be standing there spitting in the water yelling my grandma can back a trailer faster than that! Now are all Tourny guys like that? NO. Are all fun fishermen rude and not going to cut you some slack if you ask them politley,NO! But guess what those are the guys we will always remember. As one of the other responders said just remember to try to do unto others as you would have them do unto you, there is alot of water out there, if the sport is gets to be more work than fun is really a sport any more. well theres about a nickles worth

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

The problem today is the tournaments are everywhere and all the time. If it isn't some national, regional, or state tourney, then it is a local one. My experience has been that the rudest fisherman that I have encountered on the lake have been tourney fisherman. So, no I wouldn't yield to them. You reap what you sow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I missed the post where these fisherman jumped in front of the tourney fishermen that were already fishing a stretch of bank. The good ole' boys were in the wrong. This respect thing works both ways. Personally, I yield a 100 yds or more when someone is fishing a spot and most of the time I go to a different spot all together.