Search Fishin.com

Thread: Opinions Please

Post Thanks / Like

Question Opinions Please

I have a bunch of Cabela's points on my credit card, just waiting to be used, and I have some choices to make. Help!! (Reference Cabalas Master Fishing Catalog, Edition I 2007)

I have used the RAPALA Jointed Shad Rap (rattling & suspending) and have caught a bunch of fish on them. However, they are $6.99 each, unless you buy 10 or more, in which case they are $4.99 each. (page 146)

I noticed two similar crankbaits in the Cabala's catalog that are only $3.99 each and even cheaper if you buy a 12 piece kit for $34.99.

The first are "REAL IMAGE Jointed Rad Shads", which are glass (page 144). The others are "CABALA'S FISHERMAN SERIIES, Jointed Suspending Rad Shad", some glass and some not (page 141).

Questions: everything else being equal, is GLASS better then other crankbait materials?

Do you think the cheaper Cabala's brands are as good at the Rapalas?

Which of the three would you buy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Grumpy
    Last edited by Grumpy; 06-04-2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: spelling-what else?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions Please

Grumpy,

Don't know about the Cabela's Brand. But I use a lot of RC5's by Rapala.... But like you say there like $ 5.99 a piece.... I discovered the Renegade series crank baits...They look great, they have an excellent wobble to them in the water and I have caught just as many fish on them.... Renegade also makes their baits in different styles, so as to let a fisherman select the depth he wants to fish at. Great news...The Renegade crank baits cost either $1.99 or $ 2.99, hard to remember back that far since I bought them....But they do catch fish......

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that Ebay doesn't take Cabela's points, but you guys are missing some sweet deals on Ebay. Go to Ebay and search on "Rapala Lot" (minus the quotes). Sometimes you can get the price per bait down to around 4.00 or so, pretty cheap for new Rapala's. Save the Cabela's points for something else...

Post Thanks / Like

Dizzle is right about Ebay. I have bought a ton of stuff on there cheap. Be careful sometimes. You may pay a little bit cheaper, but be aware of shipping charges because many times they are high since people try to make money on shipping.