Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OK Tournament and Non - tournament Bass Fishermen

Explain to me why you are not fishing the Ohio River this weekend for the Big Bass Big Cash? Even non-tournament anglers would enjoy this hourly weigh in format... which is very fish friendly.
    Hourly Big Fish is $100 plus $50 if you are wearing a hat or a shirt... from the tournament.
    I want to fish but can not find anyone with a boat to fish with..
    IF you are not fishing this tournament please tell me why you would not fish for $20,000.00
    Anglers are putting in to Pre-Fish for other tournaments and not fishing the tournament.. some are saying they can't afford the $95.00 while driving a $15,000 boat and running a $20,000 tow vehicle..
    Is there anyone out there who could NOT use $20K or more ..????
    The money is guaranteed... they paid last year.. so what is the problem if you are not fishing..
    (So far 200 entries... so the $20K is covered.. why not come out and fish tomorrow??)
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK Tournament and Non - tournament Bass Fishermen

Me-- Several reasons. 1) Wife had foot surgery and then a second surgery to correct the first. Giving her 0 income for 20 weeks. Can't even afford to fish close by right now. 2) Have never been comfortable with river fishing,not fished rivers enough. 3) Prefer small club type tourney's when I do fish tourney's. Do not care for the larger events. And that's me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra190 View Post
    Me-- Several reasons. 1) Wife had foot surgery and then a second surgery to correct the first. Giving her 0 income for 20 weeks. Can't even afford to fish close by right now. 2) Have never been comfortable with river fishing,not fished rivers enough. 3) Prefer small club type tourney's when I do fish tourney's. Do not care for the larger events. And that's me.
    I can understand that.. however with the Lie Detectors and the hourly weigh ins this is a ton of fun for anyone. I do not understand the hard core guys who are not fishing this tournament? Guys are launching to practice for other tournaments and NOT fishing this one with a CHANCE to win $20,000 and GREAT chances at winning hourly prizes enough to pay for the tournament. There will never again be a single tournament for people for this amount if people do not participate. You dont have to fish 5 qualifiers or win a tournament to qualify for a chance at $20,000 to $50,000 ( $50K if 1500 paid entry days) so I am totally befuddled why guys would not fish this. Every section of the river is better today than it was in 1987... heck we catch sauger, and even a muskie now and then... so the river is cleaning up.
    IS Arkansas just a better place for fishermen?
    They do one of these every year and have for 15 years?
    Why can't we generate this kind of fervor in Kentucky?
    Are we just not as good as ARKANSAS? Are our anglers less committed to the sport? I am just curious... seems like we could do better than Arkansas.. but apparently not.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get me out of work I'll go hell you can fish in my boat.

Jerry Cole

Post Thanks / Like

jim i've sent you a privite message with my phone number if your serious about fishing call me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never fished in the Ohio, or in a tournament, and I don't think that having those two firsts on the same day would be a great idea. But it does sound like a good tournament for somebody who's never done one before and wants to give it a shot. Maybe next year, if it comes back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    I've never fished in the Ohio, or in a tournament, and I don't think that having those two firsts on the same day would be a great idea. But it does sound like a good tournament for somebody who's never done one before and wants to give it a shot. Maybe next year, if it comes back.
    Boy yesterday caught his second third and fourth legal Ohio River fish and he won $300 I think..
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Because, for me, tournaments go against the spirit of what I think fishing and enjoying the outdoors is. I personally wish they'd be outlawed, but I know that's not going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishrgurl View Post
    Because, for me, tournaments go against the spirit of what I think fishing and enjoying the outdoors is. I personally wish they'd be outlawed, but I know that's not going to happen.

When has anything NOT been turned into a competition.
    Look at the science that has gone into fishing BECAUSE of competition.
    Better lures, better reels, better rods, all because some fisherman wanted a better product to fish with in competition. Without competition we would still be using cane poles and fighting PETA for the right to fish. Money talks and makes the world run.. sad but true.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see................

I hate fishing the river.

I was committed to fishing a tournament today on Nolin.

Gas is $3 per gallon, so I only have so much fishing money to go around.

They're just putting the finishing touches on my $6k septic system, which makes money even tighter.

Did I mention that I hate fishing the river? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

The fishery that they are fishing is not in the same class as what the Arkansas folks fish. I had planned on trying it but when they chose to not use the Owensboro ramp I couldn't justify the pre-fishing and tourney costs + gas. Eliminating the Owensboro and Henderson/Evansville markets and not advertising here was a huge mistake last year and this, imo.

Can you imagine what kind of participation this would garner on KY and Barkley? I'm surprised that no one has done this. A weigh in at KY Dam Village and say Ken Lake and one at Kuttawa and Little River would be about right. I would say put this on a quality fishery and then you could rival Arkansas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basswipe View Post
    Let's see................

I was committed to fishing a tournament today on Nolin.

Gas is $3 per gallon, so I only have so much fishing money to go around.

They're just putting the finishing touches on my $6k septic system, which makes money even tighter.

Did I mention that I hate fishing the river? LOL
    Did I mention $20,000 to $50,000 depending on turn out for ONE FISH?