Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Night Fishing Lakes for Bass

What are your go too baits when night fishing for bass.

B

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Night Fishing Lakes for Bass

Personally, I like to T-rig at night. I can stay focused better. Six inch worms in electric blue and 4" tubes. Jigs in dark greens and Browns and as always black/blue.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep 4 baits tied on at night. Jig, t-rig(I'll either use a worm or a paca craw with a tube rattle in it), Spinnerbait, and some really loud on top. colors depend on whether theres moonlight or night and how deep the fish are.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish big Culprit plastic worms 99.99% of the time at night...Texas-Rigged...love the black shad color and the junebug color. I'll make sure to add a glass bead between the hook eye and the bullet weight for a little extra "clack" and have been known to stick a worm rattle in the plastic also...and it's one of the few times that I use scent. I'll smell'er up real good. At night, I want a large/distinct profile in the water, vibration, and sound. The big Culprit with a thumping tail, a bead, maybe a worm rattle, and some juice on her...mmmmm.

I'll also have a big, nasty, huge thumpin single Colorado blade spinnerbait tied on...and something for the top, usually a big ole buzzbait.

Post Thanks / Like

I usally go a little larger with my t-riged baits at night. I am not afraid to throw 10 and 11 inch curly tail worms. A 1/2oz #8 single gold colorado spinnerbait ,black with a 6 in. red shad curly tail worm trailer. A big bomber #7 red craw crankbait. A black or black and blue Jig (with rattles) with a craw trailer (paca)
    As always at night juice up your offerings with you favorite scent Yum- Bang ect. These have never failed me.

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to divert the thread, but when you guys are T-rigging those baits, how much weight are you using? Egg-sinkers?

Post Thanks / Like

If and when I do night fish for Bass - generally I'm T-rigging or crankin.
    When T-rigging - I'm usually throwing a 4" Gene Larew Craw w/rattle inserted. And the color is green w/orange claws. I'm usually using a 3/16oz slip sinker ... regardless of whether I'm working it 1-10ft deep or 1-20ft deep. I'm using a blacklight - watching my line - working it slow.

When crankin - I'm parallel fishing the banks ... usually with a red Hot Lips, but occasionally with a Baby Bass Wiggle Wart or a Fire Tiger Model A Bomber. I'm working the 10-15ft depth range.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Not trying to divert the thread, but when you guys are T-rigging those baits, how much weight are you using? Egg-sinkers?
    Depends on depth mostly to me but 3/16 or 1/4 most of the time. If per chance I get on fish shallower I may go for an 1/8.

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Black & Blue Jigs, big worms up to 10" in Red or Black Shad, Big Black or White Single Colorado Blade 1/4 to 1/2 oz spinnerbait...If the moon is out I will even throw a topwater bait, either a Buzzbait, or a walking the dog type of bait. Weights for worm will be from 1/8th oz to 5/16ths.

Just hang onto that pole when a big ole bucket mouth grabs that spinner bait at night...Will feel like a big Semi done tried to jerk the rod out of your hand..... Man do I love to fish at night......

Post Thanks / Like

big tequila sunrise worm,blk\bl,,blk\chrt jig and a big fat crankbait..db3..dd22,#9 risto rap and rebel deep maxi r..or a 1 oz spinnerbait.
    1\4 oz on the small worms 5\16 on the big worm. If at anytime this don't work then i start roootin through the other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

big black buzzbait, black jitterbug, big black spinnerbait, 10" worms in red shad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    I fish big Culprit plastic worms 99.99% of the time at night...Texas-Rigged...love the black shad color and the junebug color. I'll make sure to add a glass bead between the hook eye and the bullet weight for a little extra "clack" and have been known to stick a worm rattle in the plastic also...and it's one of the few times that I use scent. I'll smell'er up real good. At night, I want a large/distinct profile in the water, vibration, and sound. The big Culprit with a thumping tail, a bead, maybe a worm rattle, and some juice on her...mmmmm.

I'll also have a big, nasty, huge thumpin single Colorado blade spinnerbait tied on...and something for the top, usually a big ole buzzbait.
    Now that's what I'm talkin bout.........