Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool CH - Thursday, 7 June

sorry for the lateness, but got tied up at work on Friday and Saturday......fished CH Thursday from 5pm 'til 1am........ H2O was 82.5 degrees and no current..... put in at Cookeville Boat Dock and fished the island around the Narrows...... threw jigs, T-rig worms, and C-rigs all night..... boated 2 LM and 3 spots........slow, slow night...... caught all fish before 10pm and notta' afterwards........ saw several boats night fishing and most were running the lake ---made me think it was tuff for everyone...... first time night fishing this year and it kicked my butt the next day..... hard to stay up past normal bedtime and try to work the next day.... guess I may not stay so late next time unless I'm on 'em which is not usually the case...tight lines and let's get some more posts on the board..... know you guys know how to make a post ---- don't have to give specific details, just let us all enjoy your trip from our lazy-boy... tight lines.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CH - Thursday, 7 June

Hey Dover: Thanks for the report. Glad you aleast caught a few. I went down there to the hill saturday night and put in at the bridge and was heading to mine lick, and just got past the bridge getting up on plane good when I had motor trouble. Temp guage buzzer went off and I set her down right then in the middle of the channel. I dropped the trolling motor down and got to the left bank where it is 140+ feet deep to get out of all the wake and ski boats coming in for the day, and let it cool down a few minutes and tried to crank it again...same thing. We fished alittle all the way back to the ramp and the pocket on the other side of the ramp up to the mouth of hurricane marina. Too shallow in that area and only got a few nibbles, which I think they were brim and called it a night. The last two saturday nights I have tried to go fishing, two weeks ago it was like a monsoon with all the lighting and thunder and this week it is motor problems. Seems like I can't win for losing when it comes to trying to catch a fish. Took the boat to the dealer monday morning and left it...hoping for a line stopped up or something simple and NOT so costly, even maybe a water pump. Just hope it ain't nothing big. Haven't heard from him yet. Talk to you later...be safe on the water...283