Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who won Big Bass On River?

Well did the 4.70 fish from day one hold on to win the $20,000.00 or did someone come out and beat him on the last day.????????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who won Big Bass On River?

Is something ( fishy ) going on about the payout for the winner of the Big Bass Cash Tournament?

Post Thanks / Like

NO I don't think so----at least haven't heard anything. Kevin and Danny fished the same general area they did last year and caught another winning fish. Congrats to Kevin and Danny!!!!! Good job guys!
    The only unbelieveable part is that the 4.70 held out for 3 days. I honestly didn't think that would happen. I've seen more 6 lb'ers weighed in on the river this year then ever before.
    Last week at Maysville Plapps tourney, there was a bass over 6 lbs weighed in, but from the looks of things, nobody even fished that pool. Well, there was one small keeper weighed in today only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Is something ( fishy ) going on about the payout for the winner of the Big Bass Cash Tournament?
    Not sure what you might be implying. If you are suggesting something say it do not imply it. I have watched Danny and Kevin over the last year and they have been extremely forth coming about where and how they fished.. Beyond that they contributed their own time and effort to promote this years tourney because like me they felt it will help the river evolve into a better fishery..
    The $20K was paid in full. Hourly winners were all paid. 2nd and 3rd were not because not enough anglers paid to play.. and that was detailed in the rules.
    I was there all three days. All big fish were polygraphed, measured and weighed per tournament regs.

Post Thanks / Like

Not implying anything, just asking a question about the post above mine is all......

Guaranteed 1st. place is all that was guaranteed I know and Hourly winners.

No problems here at all and not implying anything I might add, just asking a simple question from lack of input about the winner being listed when I made my post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishbum View Post
    All big fish were polygraphed
    Maybe so, but bass are notorious for beating polygraphs. Underdeveloped central nervous system.

Post Thanks / Like

So the same pair won this year as last with a fish weighed in the first 2 hours of the tourney?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishrgurl View Post
    So the same pair won this year as last with a fish weighed in the first 2 hours of the tourney?
    Yes they did.. and everyone knew the approximate area they fished last year and still no one fished it.. so go figure.. The area is well known locally for producing good bass especially smallies. I have seen at least 2 that were over 4 pounds from that area.. Have caught several smaller bass there myself around 12 to 14 inches walking the banks near the same area. Lots of bass below McAlpine Dam. Lots of bait fish and the jumps of Hybrids and stripers can get really wild sometimes. If Hybrids and stripes are there bass are there too.... any questions or other comments?
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

They also caught several 2 pound fish but did not drive the 1 hour and 20 minutes to Tar Creek to weigh them.. so the area has plenty of bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fishbum

Hey Jim, how much are you getting paid to shill for this outfit? It sure sounds like "the gentleman doth protest too much!"

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishbum View Post
    Yes they did.. and everyone knew the approximate area they fished last year and still no one fished it.. so go figure.. The area is well known locally for producing good bass especially smallies. I have seen at least 2 that were over 4 pounds from that area.. Have caught several smaller bass there myself around 12 to 14 inches walking the banks near the same area. Lots of bass below McAlpine Dam. Lots of bait fish and the jumps of Hybrids and stripers can get really wild sometimes. If Hybrids and stripes are there bass are there too.... any questions or other comments?
    Jim Dicken
    Nope - that was my only question.

Post Thanks / Like

How many entries did the have?