Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

GREEN RIVER - Ohio River???

I have in laws that live in the Henderson - Sebree area, just wondering about the fishing (any type). Will be up for a few days and was just wondering , any info is appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GREEN RIVER - Ohio River???

What ya fishing for at each location? Can go from there with info.....

Post Thanks / Like

The closest ramp to the Mouth of the Green River where it empties into the Ohio River is located at ANGLE MOUNDS in Vanderburgh County in IN. It's located off Pollack in Evansville, IN. You can launch there for a fee and be at the mouth of the Green River is just five minutes or less. The launch ramp is very close to the mouth of the river.

There may be other launch ramps up the Green River in KY but I don't know where they are located.

I have friends that use to water skier on the Green River as it was much smoother than the Ohio River. These guys owned one of them Mastercraft Water ski boats and were really into water skiing big time. They did barefoot skiing and liked to jump the ramps and even used parachutes behind their boat to fly though the air. LOL Crazy kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TNFISHIN View Post
    I have in laws that live in the Henderson - Sebree area, just wondering about the fishing (any type). Will be up for a few days and was just wondering , any info is appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

whatever is bitin, #1 priority bass, #2 catfish, crappie, gar not being real picky just wanting to wet a line in some new water....the ramp that I know about is about 5 miles outside of Sebree and is a state run, no fee ramp...was probably gonna use that one but open for suggestions on any other...thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I drove down to the boat ramp at Brownsville and also Houchens Ferry on the Green River in Mammoth Cave National Park today.

The water is so low at Houchens that there is no way I would even try to put my boat in there. The water is about the same way at Brownsville.

I put my boat in at Houchens a few years back when the water was low and my trailer dropped off of a ledge on the end of the ramp. When I pulled back out of the water I tore the axel out from under my trailer.

I don't know about how things are up north of us but we are now under 9.5" inches of rainfall.

DA

Post Thanks / Like

Ramp at Rumsey below the lowhead dam at Calhoun

stipers and catfish

-----------------------------------

Ramp at Spotsville above the dam I believe (you must lock through to fish below)

stripers and catfish there also plus deeper water

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: GREEN RIVER - Ohio River???

Quote Originally Posted by TNFISHIN View Post
    whatever is bitin, #1 priority bass, #2 catfish, crappie, gar not being real picky just wanting to wet a line in some new water....the ramp that I know about is about 5 miles outside of Sebree and is a state run, no fee ramp...was probably gonna use that one but open for suggestions on any other...thanks
    The state ramp at Sebree has always been my choice when launching out of the Sebree area. It is close to the dam and you can lock through if you wish and then fish below the dam or go a few yards down stream and fish for catfish around the railroad bridge prilings.

Second choice would be the Spottsville ramp.

Good luck.