Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Help on C-land Real Estate

Got a flyer in teh main about the Pennisula. Says its 3 miles from Jamestown, but does not show me where. Says you can get a 1 acre lake front lot and a slip for $9900, or a 2800 sq ft log cabin and lot for $149,900. Flyer has a phone number, but no real estate developer name.

a. Is this this the same deal you all, talked about a while back with all sorts of catches and hidden clauses.
    b. Where the @$#@#@# is the Pennisula? If you can, name a creek its in and which side its on as I enter it.
    c. Tell me where, with in 3 miles of Jamestown, you can get a lot, as they advertize, that has its own waterfront slip......back of clifty creek?

Help me out, I'm stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help on C-land Real Estate

Be careful with this one Bob I've heard some shady things about this, and these guys are pushing this thing a little too hard if you know what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like

actually i thought that there was no lakefront property on Cumberland due to it being owned by the COE...now you can buy lake view property on top of a ridge somewhere. If you are looking for a house close to the lake give me a yell. I have a 4700 sq ft house with a pool and hot tub on 1.61 acres about 10 minutes from Lee's Ford.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandguy1 View Post
    actually i thought that there was no lakefront property on Cumberland due to it being owned by the COE...now you can buy lake view property on top of a ridge somewhere. If you are looking for a house close to the lake give me a yell. I have a 4700 sq ft house with a pool and hot tub on 1.61 acres about 10 minutes from Lee's Ford.
    Dude that is a spread, you are living large.

Post Thanks / Like

If it looks expensive it probably is expensive...those brochures they sent out were all folded neatly and printed on high gloss paper with LOTS of color...Ain't but one party getting a deal at the Peninsula and that's the developers of it.

Just my two cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the same flyer. If it looks too good to be true...it probably is. I'd like to get a place down there some day, but I think I'll pass on their "offer".

Post Thanks / Like

I got this brochure also. I build a few houses around central KY, and the first question that I asked is how can they do it so cheap? I would love to believe that I could get a waterfront lot with a dock for $9,000 but just do not see how in the world it could be done. After day dreaming for a few minutes, I went ahead and threw it in the trash. If it sounds to good to be true.....

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Thanks to all for the thoughts. Me thinks I'll do a visit, but keep my wallet in my pocket. I'll let you all know what I find out. Ya know I used to sell cars. So kinda got a feel for part of the rules to play by. And besides, man, when I really want to, I can play so dumb that a sales guy nearly pulls his hair out.

Ya know, with questions like "Do I have to have money in the bank to write you a check?". Or...."I must have great credit that is of great value, cause most bankers tell me its at risk all the time". Another one that really shuts down a deal is , " Man, I'd love to hook up right now, and do a deal on the spot, but I got to see what the judge does at my aggrevated assault hearing before I make any commitments, I mean, that vaccuum salesman deserved what he got, but my lawyer says the intensive care stay will probably get me sometime for this one". Or I look at my wife and say, "Honey we can go ahead and buy it right now, cause my life insurance will cover it, and you can mail the balance of the insurance payout to me in Toronto". Last one, this one really works "Okay its a deal, lets put the down payment on this here credit card (Then turn to the wife and say quietly) Make sure you pull out the card that matches that drivers liscence we got."

Now, anybody want to buy a pontoon boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Thanks to all for the thoughts. Me thinks I'll do a visit, but keep my wallet in my pocket. I'll let you all know what I find out. Ya know I used to sell cars. So kinda got a feel for part of the rules to play by. And besides, man, when I really want to, I can play so dumb that a sales guy nearly pulls his hair out.

Ya know, with questions like "Do I have to have money in the bank to write you a check?". Or...."I must have great credit that is of great value, cause most bankers tell me its at risk all the time". Another one that really shuts down a deal is , " Man, I'd love to hook up right now, and do a deal on the spot, but I got to see what the judge does at my aggrevated assault hearing before I make any commitments, I mean, that vaccuum salesman deserved what he got, but my lawyer says the intensive care stay will probably get me sometime for this one". Or I look at my wife and say, "Honey we can go ahead and buy it right now, cause my life insurance will cover it, and you can mail the balance of the insurance payout to me in Toronto". Last one, this one really works "Okay its a deal, lets put the down payment on this here credit card (Then turn to the wife and say quietly) Make sure you pull out the card that matches that drivers liscence we got."

Now, anybody want to buy a pontoon boat?

Good morning to everyone! I just signed up on this board and this is the first reply. But I had to say, I just bought 1.7 acres at parksridge which I had recieved a flyer in the mail just like the one about the Peninsula.
    The deal I got was from the waterfront group out of Tenn. they buy an old farm, clean it up put in roads and track it off in lots. Now at Parksridge, I ask about the 1 acre for $9,900.00, Well guess what! they had one, all the rest was priced from $12,000.00 up to $150,000.00. LOL but they did have one for 9000.00 so I guess they were not false advertising. And your right it is lakeview, not lakefront. Yoou can see the water but it would be a big jump off a cliff to get to it.LOL. Any way I did buy my lot for 18,000.00 for 1.7 acres and its nice and flat to build on, someday if I ever have the money and retire. Parkridge is about 10 min. for Allegator II and 15 min. from JamesTown. Well that enough I dont want to bore you guys. Have a good one!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember if it's too good to be true...it probably is. And if you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough. Drive through any of Waterfront's (WG) developments now and look at how many resales there are. Average time on market for a resale in any of their developments is...over 800 days! In all of the resales, of which there are about 150 on the market there have only been 11 sales. That's out of all the WG developments. The buyers of these lots got took! And it's bad! Contact a realtor when it comes to buying lots and get comparables and have them show you around. WG makes a great flier and the properties are nice but without the hype or circus they don't resell...even the lake ones. Because the real lake ones are going to be $80-125K. And this doesn't have to do with low lake levels either. It's been that way since they opened Hickory Point.