Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Herrington Monster

It was 7 years ago, and in mid November all the classic were over and I had the lake to myself it was on a Wednesday night around 1 in the mourning I had just left the nowake zone at Kingsmill and it was a full moon that night I started fishing the dark banks on the outside bend just before the cut.
    I was throwing a 12" bluefleck powerworm when I felt the boat rock from a small wave I turn around to see were the boat was at and like to have jumped out of the boat there was a HUGH log around 25' foot long right beside the boat I could have touched it with the rod ,man I did not see it when I came in there so after getting over it I made a cast and thought about it and turn to look at it and it was gone!!! I got out the Q-beam and there was not a log insight no were. I thought to myself could alog that big float to the surface stay up for afew minutes and sink back down? Well I got me a shot of coffee and a cig and eased on down to the cut by the bridge I just made a cast to the edge of the cut when I heard some thing behind me I turn to look and in the full moon I could see something that looked like my log rubbing against the other bridge support across the lake needless to say I got the flip out of there. Monster or not it was big and alive.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember these stories, including the pig-monster stories from the mid 70's. I was around 9 or 10 years old and haven't heard them since. I have a friend who was fishing in a row boat once, allowed the boat to float up against a log to hold it while he fished the back of a creek and all was well till the log swam off. This was in broad daylight.

Post Thanks / Like

Without a doubt this is the best thread in a WHILE!!!! I was down there last year and hooked into what looked to be about a 10-12 pound smallmouth, I fight her for all she has, she is pegged good and starting to tire, she heads up for what feels like her last jump and just as she breaks the surface one of those mutated goats from hogsback comes out of the water surfacing like a killer whale and ***** her down. He plunges right back for the bottom and there is no turning this creature, I flip the TM on high and stay with him until he spools me and snaps me off, I even had my partner fire the outboard up to try to stay with it but it just wasn't happening, its a shame, that would have been one for the wall for sure......

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha that was a good one.i have fished herrington my whole life and have heard a couple of the stories that have been told,but the cats the size of a vw more then any.maybe it could be a cat that has gotten into some radioactive stuff from the **** and mutated ,could be a teenage mutant ninja catfish who knows

Post Thanks / Like

GALLY-NAPPER LMAO

Is what my grandfater called him... "he can eat a man in 1 gulp" was the story I have been told all my life.
    Me ... I have never seen anything of the sort, doest mean it aint there.

Post Thanks / Like

Most area's have the local myth's and legends and while they seem to come from credible individuals i don't believe there is such a thing the proof is in the pudding...no offense.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like the "one too many budweisers monster"

Post Thanks / Like

Myth or not, Most all of us that fish Herrington regularly or over many years, have all lost many of texas rigged worms and what have ya, to the Herrington Lake Rock Monster. This creature can eat dozens of texas rigs in one night if you are not careful!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have seen what you are describing on Herrington. Your description was identical. At first I was really scared, then I turned on my spotlight and realized it was one of the guys in our bass club. We call him LFB!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There was a front page story I remember reading about monster sightings in the Harrodsburg Herald in the late 70's or early 80's. I wished I'd saved the article. It was serious in nature, but was funny to read.

Afterwards it was reported in the paper that a barrell with some kind of head and tail attached to it was found floating on the lake. I figured some prankster read the 1st aritcle, and created a monster to scare people.

Post Thanks / Like

LFB must have had his shirt off....
    ......HOLD ME!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Herrington Monster

OK guys I guess I'll have to fess up, I'm sorry for all the scares and sightings, and no matter how much I beg and plead I just can't keep my mother-in-law from skinny dippin in Herrington!!!