Ok...here goes. Back in 1977 I was fishing with my uncle and his best friend during the day. We had put in at Chimney Rock, but I'm not exactly sure what part of the lake we were on when this happened. Something surfaced about 15 ft away form the boat. All we could see was it's back. It's color and skin texture reminded us of a manatee,(but it was much larger) and it swam like a whale or a dolphin. By this I mean all that ever came out of the water was it's back which was longer than our boat and at least 3 feet wide from the top of it down to the water...not sure how much was still in the water. We watched this thing for over 10 minutes in broad daylight. We never saw it's head or it's tail and then it just disappeared. We were in such shock that we forgot that we had a camera in the boat. My uncle was here this past weekend and brought it up. Noboy ever believed us so we had just put it in the past. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this at Herrington? And no, we had not been drinking.