Search Fishin.com

Thread: The Hollow????

Post Thanks / Like

The Hollow????

Going to be there from next Monday the 25th through the 29th. This is mainly a family vacation thing with my family and another family in a cabin. But of course me and Netboy are going to try to sneak away a few minutes here and there. Here are my questions, I assume it's strickly a night bite right now and nothing of a day. Water clarity, with it up is there any color at all or gin clear. Any floaters to contend with and are you guys catching any good brown bass? Help a Cumberland boy out, I know next to quat about Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Hollow????

Come'on now I know somebody is fishing the hollar. Where you at Phoenix????

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark --

just unless you want to be out after dark since it's a family vacation, I'd fish first light til mid-morning throwing top-water until the sun comes up and finish off with small jigs/finese/tubes ...... same for the evenings just as the sun goes down below the ridgelines..... I'd fish main lake and secondary points ---the standard areas that almost always hold fish, but more times than not, they don't always bite..... have a great vacation and let us all know how you do...... tight lines......

Post Thanks / Like

Check out smalljaw.com. They usually have an idea what is going on at the Holler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Mark --

just unless you want to be out after dark since it's a family vacation, I'd fish first light til mid-morning throwing top-water until the sun comes up and finish off with small jigs/finese/tubes ...... same for the evenings just as the sun goes down below the ridgelines..... I'd fish main lake and secondary points ---the standard areas that almost always hold fish, but more times than not, they don't always bite..... have a great vacation and let us all know how you do...... tight lines......
    Thanks fellars.....

Post Thanks / Like

Mhall, let me know how you do, taking the wife to the lodge for a few nights here soon.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The article by Andrew at http://www.smalljaw.com/ on "Finesse jig fishing for deep water smallmouth" is one of the best I have seen written. Mostly likely, the world record smallmouth will be caught at these deeper depths. The best articles come from "seat time" on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Mhall: Check out the post on page 2 with the thread name "Dale Hollow in the afternoon" started by Big Poppy. That will get you real close on the bait and Dover hit the nail on the head as to the locations as well as main lake flats and the grass around the Islands. Good luck...283