Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Waded Floyd's Fork

Took the boys to Floyd's Fork Creek just off HWY 155 and Taylorsville Road this evening. The water is quite low but we did find a few deep holes to throw our baits into. We used a tiny wee white crank bait and a Beetle spin with a Chartreuse curly tail on it. The action was a little slow until around 5:00 pm, Extremely Hot and Humid, no air moving at all and the sweat was rolling down our bodies like crazy.... Now the good news the Report:

12 - Small mouth - Biggest 13" down to 5 inches.

5 - Goggle Eye / Rock Bass - Biggest about 7" down to 4inches.

3 - Red Belly Sunfish - 4" to 3" in length.

1 - Spotted Bass - 12" long

We fished from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, would have went further but came upon a Couple of fellers pulling a canoe down stream that had put in off of Hwy 60 on Shelbyville Road at Noon. They said that they had pulled the canoe just as much as they had got to ride in it on the water. Said the entire creek from Shelbyville Road was real low and they were glad that they were close to getting out of the water when they came upon us.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Waded Floyd's Fork

Congratulations on a great fishin' day! And thanks for the info on the water level. I was gonna try out that new canoe ramp at Miles Park, but I guess I'll wait until we get some rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waded Floyd's Fork

Were you out there Saturday? I have a couple buddies that canoed on Saturday and they said the same thing about dragging the canoe about 1/2 the time. He did say the fishing was good.

Post Thanks / Like

No I went on Monday only, if we ever get some rain, it'll be a lot better for the canoe riders for sure. looks like a foot of water would do wonders for the creeks, but any rain right now would be nice.

Going to go and fish Beshear's Creek again this afternoon. This wading the creeks is getting to be addicting to me right now. I am enjoying it a lot more than taking my Bass Boat out on the water. Plus it keeps my boys more interested in not knowing what they are going to catch while wade fishing.

Haven't done too bad so far, We've caught close to 50 or more fish so far and have only been fishing the creeks for about 4 1/2 hours so far. We did see a big Gar in Beshear's Creek that went close to 3 feet long.

Going to try something with a little red in it today and maybe something solid white. The guy I talked to last Friday said he caught a Small Mouth over 4 lbs. out of Beshear's Creek and now has the fish on his wall at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you ever get out to Elkhorn Creek?

Post Thanks / Like

No never have fished there, don't even know where it is or how to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

where do you park and enter the stream. During my younger days, I used to park on an old road that dead ended going down to the fork on the fisherville side of the bridge. Have moved to bullitt co now, and haven't been there in many many years, but would like to go back and jig up some goggle-eyes and sunfish out of the rootwads.

Post Thanks / Like

Poster requested deletion.
    Peter
    Last edited by peter; 06-22-2007 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Maaaannn...

You're going to wish that parking lot was a lot bigger if you keep posting directions to it...

Trust me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    No I went on Monday only, if we ever get some rain, it'll be a lot better for the canoe riders for sure. looks like a foot of water would do wonders for the creeks, but any rain right now would be nice.

Going to go and fish Beshear's Creek again this afternoon. This wading the creeks is getting to be addicting to me right now. I am enjoying it a lot more than taking my Bass Boat out on the water. Plus it keeps my boys more interested in not knowing what they are going to catch while wade fishing.

Haven't done too bad so far, We've caught close to 50 or more fish so far and have only been fishing the creeks for about 4 1/2 hours so far. We did see a big Gar in Beshear's Creek that went close to 3 feet long.

Going to try something with a little red in it today and maybe something solid white. The guy I talked to last Friday said he caught a Small Mouth over 4 lbs. out of Beshear's Creek and now has the fish on his wall at home.
    Here's a bait to try for those creek Smallies. It's all I throw on Silver Creek and Elkhorn in the shallow drops I use. Watermellon Seed Zoom Super Fluke Jr. on a 2/0 Gamakatsu EWG hook or 2/0 Gamakatsu skipping hook (not sure about the name, it has a bend in the shank to keep the front of your plastic from sliding down the hook). You fish it weightless. It casts very well, and suspends or sinks slowly. Throw it out there, and let it sink. An occasional twitch will make it dart. Watch the line for a twitch or for a fish running away with it and feel for extra weight every so often.

Good luck!
    Clint

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip Clint, congrats on your 2nd Place finish on Green River a week or so ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find the put-in's for this creek - would you mind sharing the GPS coordinates - me and bubba sure do like to catch and eat them smallies. For some reason the fish have quit bitin' in the creeks we've been fishing lately - haven't even really seen any fish. Not sure what happened but I'm sure glad I stumbled onto this website.........