Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waded Floyd's Fork

Sorry, but now I wish I hadn't given directions to a fishing hole if'n you are going to keep the fish to eat...Small Jaws are meant to be turned loose and able to be caught another day by someone else, besides myself and my boys.......

Post Thanks / Like

Well I won't keep any fish out of there if that's your spot I just hope the other 3 or 4 people that have access to the internet are as honest as I am.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Thanks for the tip Clint, congrats on your 2nd Place finish on Green River a week or so ago.
    Dude, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but HEED Mr. Splitshot's word, he speakath the truth my friend. He and his fellow creekers have seen what the meathogs can do, it's devasting to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd suggest you edit your post that has directions to the creek if you want to preserve what's left of the fish population.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Thanks for the tip Clint, congrats on your 2nd Place finish on Green River a week or so ago.
    Thanks!

We were feeling pretty good about our limit until We saw the bigguns coming out of Steve's livewell. That 5.25 looked a lot bigger than that until we got it on the scale. I was thinking 6.5+ at first glance.

Honestly, we caught much of our weight later in the day. One fish we weighed was caught on Bruce's second cast, but the rest were all caught after 11AM ... I think 2 of the 5 fish were caught in the last hour. We left active fish to get back in time to set up the weigh in.

We could have been a little better too. I broke off a fish that we would have weighed (probably about a 2 pound LM). And a 3+ managed to throw my hook right after we got to see him once. That one hurt me... It stayed on my mind until after the weigh in when we realized that neither would have made any difference. The one wildcard is that I had a fish on that we never saw. I never even got a hook set. I'm sure it was big. I never felt a hit and I was near shallow wood. I kept lifting the rod, thinking I was coming over it. Too late I realized that while I was lifting, my bait had moved 10 feet.

Oh well! It was a great day of fishing.

Good luck on the creeks!
    Clint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Dude, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but HEED Mr. Splitshot's word, he speakath the truth my friend. He and his fellow creekers have seen what the meathogs can do, it's devasting to say the least.
    Is there room for a parking garage with one of those yellow arms and place where you can take a ticket?

Seriously, not trying to be a horse's arse here, but I speak from experience because I made the mistake myself. Actually met a dude on the creek one time who recognized me from a photo that was on the website and thanked me for letting him know about the spot to fish. He said howdy and kept on down the creek, dragging a basket behind him with a couple smallies in it. I don't share creek fishing spots on the board anymore...

The little smallie creeks can't handle the pressure, and even if they could, the lack of access spots will eventually cause a landowner to get ticked off and lock'er down. We're not dealing with Lake Cumberland here boys.
    Throw those creek bass back and share the story with us, just don't tell us where...I don't wanna know...and more importantly, I don't want that dude with the basket to know.

But that's just my opinion...

Post Thanks / Like

Words of wisdom on the internet about not sharing specifics but seriously that stretch of Floyd's Fork he is mapping out is pretty lame. FF has a few decent fish in it in places but it is not a prime creek fishery by any stretch of the imagination. Smallmouth are actually pretty sparse in the creek and the numbers of most fun species - rock bass, crappie, etc. are all not that great. Beats casting in the back yard but this isn't prime waters.

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    Words of wisdom on the internet about not sharing specifics but seriously that stretch of Floyd's Fork he is mapping out is pretty lame. FF has a few decent fish in it in places but it is not a prime creek fishery by any stretch of the imagination. Smallmouth are actually pretty sparse in the creek and the numbers of most fun species - rock bass, crappie, etc. are all not that great. Beats casting in the back yard but this isn't prime waters.

kc
    That may be the case but that water might be special to a few (myself not included) - they might enjoy lipping the several fish that remain and would hate to see them disappear.

With that said all bucket-brigaders head over to Blue River in Indiana - that one has zillions of dinks that need to be weeded out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never kept a fish that I caught from Floyds Fork and I fished it as a boy all thru high school and in college. I took my wife there several times before we were married. I once caught a sauger there once and was shocked, but mostly goggles and suns.

Post Thanks / Like

New to the board and just wanted to say hello. FF runs behind my In Laws house and there is some decent fish in it, but nothing to holler about,at least where I go. There are some big gogle eyes in there.