Search Fishin.com

Don Smith Guest

Exclamation Enclosed Concession Trailer Stolen!

I was contacted by Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and Museum located in Renfro Valley, KY today, it seems someone stole their concession trailer last night.

I know there is this discussion board is for fishing related topics, so I hope I am not out of bounds posting this.

Please keep an eye out for a white 12' x 7' enclosed trailer, with concession type flip up door on the side. Its a tandem axle trailer, and you should probably be able to see the remnants of the KY Hall of Fame logo and text visible even if its been removed. The lettering as of yesterday was bright red. If its been removed, it will be hard to get it back to its original state because aluminum will show signs of sun fading.

I beleive this board is a great place to post this, because we are spread out over a broad area. If you have seen this trailer or see a Homeseader tandem axle trailer for sale anywhere, please call me at 859-200-9061.

Thanks,

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Enclosed Concession Trailer Stolen!

Will keep an eye out...I sell to a whole bunch of trailer dealers and could refer one to replace the trailer close to you.

Trailer theft is at an all time high boys...lock those trailers up. Lock your receiver and lock the coupler whenever it's not attached. I talk to people every single day that have had their construction trailer, horse trailer, boat trailer, jet ski trailer, you name it trailer stolen...

Some of these little locks you buy at Wally World can be broken in seconds (seriously). The best lock on the market, in my opinion:

lifelonglocks.com

It's what I use.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! Metal salvage prices have gotten that high. We have several different guys that come onto our back lot where we keep all our trailers and construction dumpster. We have always told them that if it was in the trash area next to the dumpster it was okay to dig it out. Lately we have ahd to watch them a little closer to keep them from slipping other items over into the trash one day and coming in the next to load it up. If a trailer gets stolen, it's easier to cut it up and sell as to sell a hot trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

As bad as it may sound petty theft has a very low priority for law enforcement right now trailers, boats, motors, they will take your report but they would not even take prints when my $2000 motor was stolen off Barren a few years ago, they just said well we hope you have insurance on it and good luck and now every six months we get the call from the sherriffs office asking if we ever found that motor that was reported missing. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Its called selective law enforcement. If it wont cost the county any money, and its not violent, they may persue a case.In this county, some folks have been arrested for numerous DUI stops, why aren't they in jail? Costs to house them.One nortern suburb close to where qwe used to live, had a shop lifter, female, ready to deliver, and sick, guess what the local mounties did? They took her to her own town, and turned her loose. It would have cost the city thousands for the medical care.The merchant screamed bloody murder, it didn't help, but suddenly parking laws around the business became more enforced, and customers were ticketed for things that were ignored by another store in the same mall. But steal 10 bucks from a bank!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Residents in Cookeville,TN area are getting hit hard lately. There has been 5 thefts in the past few weeks where the thiefs are stealing trailers in broad daylight! We have had alot of construction sites getting hit at night stealing wire and anything else that they can sell. One guy was caught and prosecuted. His reason was "he needed gas money"! Come on!, I fill the gas pinch too (Chevy truck, 350 engine) but I don't resort to petty theft. If it gets to that point, I will get a second job. That is alot easier than court cost and jail time!