Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Cumberland River

I will be floating the river on Saturday putting in at Helm's. Last I had heard the fishing was suprisingly good and was wandering if anybody had any updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland River

I haven't heard anything at all, but I'd sure like to hear how your trip goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Been On The River The Last Three Weekends... The Bite Has Been Good On Jigs Ans Cranks, I Thought There Would Have Been A Fish Kill By Now But So Far It Hasn't Happened. The Fish Seem To Be In The Holes On The Riffles. I Will Be There Sunday Coming Up From Winfrey Ferry. Holler If You See A Sea Nymph With A White Johnson.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I will be taking a friend who has never been, hopefully we will have some luck. I usually do, but with the water temps and everything I was a little unsure. Hopefully the problems with the temps will get straightened out before the kill. It is to good of a fishery to lose!

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the river on Thursday from about 8:30 to 4:30; put in at the dam and fished just short of Helm's Landing. Caught a 5 LB. brown, 4 or 5 browns and rainbows around 17 inchs and caught 8 or so Rainbows below 15 inches. Also caught several small stripers/whites plus 6 sauger/walleyes. Good day as I had my 11 year old son and his 10 year old buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

So elkhornbound...how'd you do? I'm going Thursday if it doesn't rain. I've been 4 times since May and I've had outstanding success. This is one of the better fishing years I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Cumberland River

MMAX,
    If you don't mind, what stretch of the river did the walleye come from? I used to fish the river quite a bit and have never hooked one in there. And I've tried, boy have I tried.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all! I caught several slot rainbows and 3 browns that were 15 to 17 inches. The bite was steady all day long. Couldn't ask for a better trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birdstrike View Post
    MMAX,
    If you don't mind, what stretch of the river did the walleye come from? I used to fish the river quite a bit and have never hooked one in there. And I've tried, boy have I tried.

Steve
    IWe were only a short distance from the ramp just below the dam. We were on the sourth side of the river by the are where the big boulders/deep pool is. We caught walleye and sauger there two different days.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Cumberland River

Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing on the Cumberland is wonderful. Limits are easy to obtain with Walleye, sauger, rainbow and brown trout. The trout drop off after you pass Cloyds. But, the Rock pick up as well as Walleye and Sauger. With the 80 degree water the Rock (stripper) fight great. The only trouble they fight to their death because the warm water does not allow them to re-coup. I retired from work in June and fish it every day possible from one end to the other.

Good luck,

RiverLew

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been down the C in a couple of years. Where are you talking about that you had the good catch. I don't have my boat available. Thought I would try some bank or sandbar fishing. Any good suggestions. I heard the regs have changed down below Burkesville to the TN line. Need to catch something!!! What about around McMillan's Ferry off of HWY 214 east of Tomkinsville and before you get to HWY 61.
    Thanks
    Tom
    Last edited by Tieguy; 07-13-2007 at 07:50 PM.