Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

KY Lake or Silver Springs??

How many of you are familiar with Silver Springs down in FL? It is the tourist attraction that has the glass bottom boats, and you can see through crystal clear water. It is great.

Well, I was fishing south KY Lake, and pulled into a little bay I had never fished before. Most of the lake is now full of grass, and this bay was no exception. It was clear blue bird skies, but the fish were biting well, and feeding often. But the main thing was just how clear the water was. I was amazed at the clarity. You could easily see the fish, tons of them. They were hitting on top water frogs all day. Amazing time.

I'm already getting ready for the next trip. I've got that bay marked for sure.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KY Lake or Silver Springs??

I'm currently planning another trip to this cove on Friday 7/13... well maybe. I did not realize it was Friday the 13th... LMAO

If anyone would like to join me, I've an open seat. I will know for sure if I'm going Thursday afternoon, so let me know, and I'll even give you a call if you would like. My email address is curioustr21@yahoo.com

I'll check it several times tomorrow.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I'm currently planning another trip to this cove on Friday 7/13... well maybe. I did not realize it was Friday the 13th... LMAO

If anyone would like to join me, I've an open seat. I will know for sure if I'm going Thursday afternoon, so let me know, and I'll even give you a call if you would like. My email address is curioustr21@yahoo.com

I'll check it several times tomorrow.

Danny
    Maybe
    redneckshadrap
    would like to go with you lol

Post Thanks / Like

Does this bay start with an H? found the same thing last weekend, rather run, just no monsters

Post Thanks / Like

i would go with silver springs. great place. when i was little we lived in ocala. there are some great bass fishing in that area. also the park is really nice. went down 2 years ago and there had to be 5 or so bass in the mid to high teens just hangin out around the spring and one really big catfish. rodman res. is like 30 or so minutes away i think. great bass fishing and some good stripper fishing below the dam.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Buzz, I don't know the name, I'd have to look at a map. But this bay was loaded with nice ones, in the 3-4 lb range in fact. I had at least two in that range, maybe a couple more... but saw maybe 20 or so.

I definately need to learn to fish grass and clear water...LOL

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Well once you see them its usually too late but if you know where they are, you can stay out off of them and catch them on flukes and on small swimbaits

Post Thanks / Like

i have an uncle that is a game warden down in that area if you think you are going to head down there i will give him a shout and see where the bass are hitting at.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tracker, I appreciate the offer.

Hey Buzz..... I finally checked the map. No, the bay's name doesn't start with an H. It is on the LBL side, and on the hotspots map, it had no name.

Unfortunately friday did not work out, and I doubt I will brave the upcoming heat and humidity. LOL...

Danny