Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

green county mountain lion?

I Have Seen The Hunting Cam Photos Of The "mountain Lion" In Green County. Do You Think It Is A Lion Or A Bobcat... This Picture Was Taken About 2 Miles From My House. If It Is A Lion, Can I Shoot It? There Aren't Any Regs One Way Or The Other, So Whats The Deal?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: green county mountain lion?

Quote Originally Posted by trent colvin View Post
    I Have Seen The Hunting Cam Photos Of The "mountain Lion" In Green County. Do You Think It Is A Lion Or A Bobcat... This Picture Was Taken About 2 Miles From My House. If It Is A Lion, Can I Shoot It? There Aren't Any Regs One Way Or The Other, So Whats The Deal?

Check with Fish and Wildlife.. there are no regs for bears either but they are not legal to shoot.. I suspect they are endangered so illegal..
    As for the lion, I have heard stories from a Game Warden that there was a fellow who traded in Exotic Animals who was about to be raided and released a bunch INCLUDING and African Lion.. which was found and captured. No one knows what all the man had.. most were supposedly caught,... but releases of Mt. Lions kept as pets are not uncommon ... could be a Wildcat but I have not seen the pics.. can you send me a copy or post where to see them?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

can't remember where i found the pics on the net... it was a hunting discussion board like fishin.com... I fished with fishin4kids last night and he was the one who sent the images to me... he also said the people at kdfwr said it was a bobcat...

Post Thanks / Like

Check The photo Board for pics.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no expert but the photos do not look like a Bobcat to me. Although you can't really see it's tail.

Post Thanks / Like

First look I thought it was a mountain lion, but looking close at the broadside shot it looks like spots on his belly and hind leg, like a bob cat.

Post Thanks / Like

I really think its a bobcat.

but I was wrong once

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trent colvin View Post
    Game wardens in Hardin county recently confirmed a sighting of a cougar, they even have some photographs. I was told this by one of my best friends whom talked with two of them personally. They are trying to keep this on the down low as to not create panic.

Post Thanks / Like

The cat in the picture looks like a big bobcat to me,notice the striped legs and short tail? I have hunted all over the south and southwest and saw several cougars in my days,the long tail of a cougar is very noticeable.
    on a side note I did see a cougar in Lee county,Va near the Kentucky border back in the mid 1970's,so I believe there was always a small remnant population combined with pet releases and the noted eastern migration of cougars into old habitat teenming with deer,they are soon to make a comeback like the black bear is doing.Elk meat is pretty good too!