Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Douglas water levels

me too,i'm staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

guess it is hard for me to understand why a tournament would put 300 people in it at douglas. especially when the water will be down.

Post Thanks / Like

I am fishing the USA Bassin down there too, from what i hear they are expecting around 100 to 150 boats. I am like you, I know nothing about the lake so we are going to pre-fish on friday to get familiar with it. From what I hear it is alot like fishing Cumberland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HoskiFishin View Post
    I am fishing the USA Bassin down there too, from what i hear they are expecting around 100 to 150 boats. I am like you, I know nothing about the lake so we are going to pre-fish on friday to get familiar with it. From what I hear it is alot like fishing Cumberland.

No disrespect to either lake, but it's nothing like Cumberland IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

I got confirmation from the classic tournament director of USA Bassin, there will be 250 baots and cut off there and they are about to hit the 250 mark. The lake level right now is at 960 and has dropped 10 in the last two weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Douglas water levels

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSprint007 View Post
    I got confirmation from the classic tournament director of USA Bassin, there will be 250 baots and cut off there and they are about to hit the 250 mark. The lake level right now is at 960 and has dropped 10 in the last two weeks.
    This year's USA Bassin Classic at Douglas Lake Sept. 15 & 16 2007, will have NO LIMIT. All qualified teams this year are eligible to fish this year's Classic!

The 250 cut off you speak of is for next year the 2008 season. All will fish division tournaments for the 250pts needed to qualify for a Regional event. A certain percentage from each regional will qualify for the 2008 Classic. This is being done because of our exceptional growth, and to limit the number at future Classics. So, this year we may have a huge turnout; but it will be taken care of next year.

For a lot of you who qualified for this year's Classic; I would take advantage of it and give this lake your best shot. Good luck to all who fish the Classic

KY Regional Director
    Justin Hires
    www.USABassin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWeapon View Post
    This year's USA Bassin Classic at Douglas Lake Sept. 15 & 16 2007, will have NO LIMIT. All qualified teams this year are eligible to fish this year's Classic!

The 250 cut off you speak of is for next year the 2008 season. All will fish division tournaments for the 250pts needed to qualify for a Regional event. A certain percentage from each regional will qualify for the 2008 Classic. This is being done because of our exceptional growth, and to limit the number at future Classics. So, this year we may have a huge turnout; but it will be taken care of next year.

For a lot of you who qualified for this year's Classic; I would take advantage of it and give this lake your best shot. Good luck to all who fish the Classic

KY Regional Director
    Justin Hires
    www.USABassin.com
    Yes you are correct, I misunderstood when I talked with Gary, I thought he was talking about Douglas but he was talking about next year with the cut off. I think the number in so far is near the 250 mark, but he said if someone who qualifies and pays on time they are going to fish.
    I hope the people who are going to fish it realize how dangerous the lake will be, that your maps and your water won’t look much alike.

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be real interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Just spent two HOT days pre-fishing and it is low! This is going to be very tough but someone will figure it out because they always do.