Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

BPS Extreme Flurocarbon

Anybody use this line. Pros and cons.

rustedhook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BPS Extreme Flurocarbon

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langI d=-1&partNumber=37510&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchR esults#reviews

wow.. huge link... Anyway... go to their website and look it up, then check out the product reviews at the bottom of the page. I dunno if this is the line you are talking about, but it should have reviews similar to the above product. I've found their reviews pretty helpful...

Post Thanks / Like

I personally dont use the line b/c I use P-Line exclusevly but......... I flew down to texas this spring to fish with a buddy for a week. I used his equipment and he had 20lb BPS Extreme flouro on all his rods. We fished lake O.H. Ivie for 2 days which is FULL of standing timber. EVERY SINGLE fish we caught wrapped us up inthe timber (we caught over 100 fish). I never had a single fish break off after being hung and pulling while hung in the timber. I even caught a 9.8 and she had me wrapped around 2 different trees for over 3 minutes sawing and pulling my line back and forth around the trees. Any line that can do that without breaking is pretty good line to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had great results with the XPS Fluorcarbon. It's good stuff, or atleast I think so. I'd say if it's good enough for KVD, it's good enough for me - he has the results to back it up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I've always had great results with the XPS Fluorcarbon. It's good stuff, or atleast I think so. I'd say if it's good enough for KVD, it's good enough for me - he has the results to back it up!
    It's funny how things change..... back in the early 90's when you would say that you liked EXCEL Mono people thought are you crazy? Over the last few years i heard several negative comments about the XPS Fluorocarbon and i think it was because it wasn't a Big name brand but boy how things have changed. I use it and have tried the Berkley Vanish (20lb) which seems fine to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used BassPro Excel for almost 12 or so years and have always liked it, but I haven't quite jumped onto the Floro buis yet. I have some P-line Floro Clear 12lb on two cranking rods. I am not totally convinced yet. I'll see pretty soon. May switch to XPS if I like the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

After years of experimenting I have found that excel mono, xps floro & power pro braid work best for me. Atleast I think so.