Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Election Year We Veterans and Soldiers need Help

I started a post on the KY fishing web site I hope it will be left there long enough for some of us to get here and read a few humble pleas from myself and others like me I hope. We are in an Election year, the magic time when we the voters can stand up and make our voices heard. President Bush did what he thought was right for the country and the world after 911. In my humble opinion he was given alot of bad information either out of ignorace or out of profiteering, or most likely both because as ugly as it is war does make industry rich. Unfortunately it does not make warriors rich. I have been a patient under VA care since 1991 I know how good it can be and I know how bad it can ****. When our fighting men and women first starting coming back from Iraq We saw wonderful news coverage of how far medical care had progressed how some amputees were even going back to active duty and these men and women were smiling and being toasted all around town and when they got home they were honored and given keys to the city, so and so forth. Now the real world takes over, when the guy at the factory says jim man I like you, you got the skills but the insurance company just will not allow us to take on a high risk employee who already has a disability, hey besides you got you GI benifits right you will do OK on that right! Now the VA medical system is closing doors on many of it's facilities across the nation long lines are getting longer. In my case if I have an appointment in Nashville it is a round trip of 200 miles I recieve $13.25 travel pay and not all patients get travel pay. The VA is also going into specialty treatment centers, meaning that certian hospitals will being doing specific types of surgeries such as gastric by pass will be done in Hunting West Virgina, meaning that if I can get them to set me an appointment I will have to drive over 500 miles one way to get the treatment, Nashville will be doing kidneys, and louisville will be heart. So a WWII vet needs a bypass and he lives south Georgia he may have to go all the way to Loiusville. Also the VA is turning down the new kids in the systm claiming PTSS post tramatic shock could have been caused by something other than what happen while they were in the war because there was not enough pretesting done on the recruits when they enlisted in the armed forces. The Armed Forces have been all Volunteer since 1975 when in April of that year they officialy stopped the draft. These young heros are there of their own accord and then the VA has the nerve to say well maybe you were a little crazey before we took you in man and we do not want to waste our money on you. Folks this is just the top of the iceberg you can go to a VA hospital and you will see them remodling something different every time you go and then the pharmacy will tell you the meds you doctor wrote for you a too expensive and theywill have to put in a special request and it may be 4 to 6 weeks before a decision is made please contact your doctor for a chang of meds. by this time your clinic is closed so you end up having to wait a week for your doc to be back in his clinic. The VA feels it is better to have eye candy than safe reliable and timely health care This is an election year I do not care what your party is please take time to e-mail your canidtes your congressmen your senators any one in the chain this is when we are heard the loudest, if they do not listen then we can fire them and let them know it, I know when I heard Hillary sponsered a million dollar bill to immortalize woodstock I nearly fell out. Ed whitfield got 3 million to build a boat ramp on Barren River lake. for three million we got a dirt road a port a potty and a gravel parking lot. For this they have money for some kid with one leg and night mares they have a paltry check and a bronze foot marker and a flag for his widow. Please help me and other make others aware of what is realy going on behind the scenes with our young Vets.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Election Year We Veterans and Soldiers need Help

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
    I started a post on the KY fishing web site I hope it will be left there long enough for some of us to get here and read a few humble pleas from myself and others like me I hope. We are in an Election year, the magic time when we the voters can stand up and make our voices heard. President Bush did what he thought was right for the country and the world after 911. In my humble opinion he was given alot of bad information either out of ignorace or out of profiteering, or most likely both because as ugly as it is war does make industry rich. Unfortunately it does not make warriors rich. I have been a patient under VA care since 1991 I know how good it can be and I know how bad it can ****. When our fighting men and women first starting coming back from Iraq We saw wonderful news coverage of how far medical care had progressed how some amputees were even going back to active duty and these men and women were smiling and being toasted all around town and when they got home they were honored and given keys to the city, so and so forth. Now the real world takes over, when the guy at the factory says jim man I like you, you got the skills but the insurance company just will not allow us to take on a high risk employee who already has a disability, hey besides you got you GI benifits right you will do OK on that right! Now the VA medical system is closing doors on many of it's facilities across the nation long lines are getting longer. In my case if I have an appointment in Nashville it is a round trip of 200 miles I recieve $13.25 travel pay and not all patients get travel pay. The VA is also going into specialty treatment centers, meaning that certian hospitals will being doing specific types of surgeries such as gastric by pass will be done in Hunting West Virgina, meaning that if I can get them to set me an appointment I will have to drive over 500 miles one way to get the treatment, Nashville will be doing kidneys, and louisville will be heart. So a WWII vet needs a bypass and he lives south Georgia he may have to go all the way to Loiusville. Also the VA is turning down the new kids in the systm claiming PTSS post tramatic shock could have been caused by something other than what happen while they were in the war because there was not enough pretesting done on the recruits when they enlisted in the armed forces. The Armed Forces have been all Volunteer since 1975 when in April of that year they officialy stopped the draft. These young heros are there of their own accord and then the VA has the nerve to say well maybe you were a little crazey before we took you in man and we do not want to waste our money on you. Folks this is just the top of the iceberg you can go to a VA hospital and you will see them remodling something different every time you go and then the pharmacy will tell you the meds you doctor wrote for you a too expensive and theywill have to put in a special request and it may be 4 to 6 weeks before a decision is made please contact your doctor for a chang of meds. by this time your clinic is closed so you end up having to wait a week for your doc to be back in his clinic. The VA feels it is better to have eye candy than safe reliable and timely health care This is an election year I do not care what your party is please take time to e-mail your canidtes your congressmen your senators any one in the chain this is when we are heard the loudest, if they do not listen then we can fire them and let them know it, I know when I heard Hillary sponsered a million dollar bill to immortalize woodstock I nearly fell out. Ed whitfield got 3 million to build a boat ramp on Barren River lake. for three million we got a dirt road a port a potty and a gravel parking lot. For this they have money for some kid with one leg and night mares they have a paltry check and a bronze foot marker and a flag for his widow. Please help me and other make others aware of what is realy going on behind the scenes with our young Vets.

Dennis

Dennis, I would like your permission to post this over at the Creek Bank on our Armed Forces Board...

Thanks
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Election Year We Veterans and Soldiers need Help

Billy of course you can use this poor excuse of a post, I just read it again and saw all the mistakes. But last night /this morning when I saw the news item where some recently disabled veterans were having to hire lawyers to get the VA to start processing their claims and some were having to appeal turn downs. I was so enraged I had to start doing something right then. I hope we can make a snowball effect with one or two guys getting one or two guys to help with the struggle and soon those few will be enough to be heard. I am writing Emails and letters as soon as I can get time. I may be one small squeak in the dark but with enough us sooner or later we are going to get some one to here us and then they will have to act. I want to thank you for your response, and you are going to be one of the heros that help heros. I hope the readers don't die laughing at my Hill Billy spelling but hey at 1am it gets a little foggy. lol thanks man.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
    Billy of course you can use this poor excuse of a post, I just read it again and saw all the mistakes. But last night /this morning when I saw the news item where some recently disabled veterans were having to hire lawyers to get the VA to start processing their claims and some were having to appeal turn downs. I was so enraged I had to start doing something right then. I hope we can make a snowball effect with one or two guys getting one or two guys to help with the struggle and soon those few will be enough to be heard. I am writing Emails and letters as soon as I can get time. I may be one small squeak in the dark but with enough us sooner or later we are going to get some one to here us and then they will have to act. I want to thank you for your response, and you are going to be one of the heros that help heros. I hope the readers don't die laughing at my Hill Billy spelling but hey at 1am it gets a little foggy. lol thanks man.

Dennis
    No matter how it's spelled, I doubt it will change all the good in it....

Post Thanks / Like

Guess what? aint gonna hoppen GI. Those benefits cost money, and they dont bring in profit. I dont even try to get any GI benefits, I'm fortunate enoughh to have fair medical coverage, and now medicare. Its not going to get any better either. The cost of caring for these new kinds of wounds are very high, and some times in the next six years, some one will ask" hey what are those vets doing for us today"?, and more coverage will be lost.But billions for a missle shield, no problem. Dont these IDIOTS know you dont need a missle to deliver a war head today. UPS or FED EX will delivwer it for them, and bill us for it.My dad died in a vet hospital, he was career, and thought he would recieve better care than he did, but they didn't need the ole sarge anymore.