Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question whats the advantages of using flurocarbon line??

i have always used regular mono line and braid for a few situations and was wondering if the flurocarbon line actually made a difference in all aplacations or if it was good certain situations. Thanks for any input.
    BTW, i see where it would not be good for topwater lures.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: whats the advantages of using flurocarbon line??

flouro is more sensitive and has less stretch than mono and is easier on your equipment than braid. anything on bottom except at night I use flouro. The bites on jig feel like their on the end of the rod. even those jig bites that you don't really feel you'll pick up on quicker with flouro. clear water, it's the only way to go too because it's less visable. I like it for a few other apps too. early spring when the jerkbait bite is going the less stretch gives the jerkbait a harder jerk and ripping a lipless bait off of the bottom it gets a little more zip. things like that. try it out for different things and see which ways you like it for yourself. It's WAY more sensitive than mono though so at least try it for the bottom bouncing stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks dave, im going to spool a couple reels with it and give it a shot. guess im going with the new berkley 100% flurocarbon. just wanted someones insight on it cause that stuff isnt cheap. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I just read an article that Fluro has more streach than mono. I don't know if it is true but that is what it said. I can't recall where I read it. Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to beat the p-Line flurocarbon. He's right about the jig bite, you can feel about anything.

Post Thanks / Like

The line sinks also when you Texas rigging you have more of a straight line between you and the bait.
    Have not tried the new Berkley fluorocarbon (scared me off with the vanish junk), I am going to stick with the Seaguar invis-x.
    If price is a big factor then why not try the viscous fluorocarbon, it has a little bigger diameter but it’s about half the price of the Berkley.
    < ) ) ><

Post Thanks / Like

Berkley= junk.

Post Thanks / Like

I always used Mono until this year and now I use nothing but Flourocarbon except for my topwater baits. Bass Pro Shops XPS Flouro for me and nothing else compares as far as I am concerned. I even use it for my night fishing and done away with Flourescent line due to the feel that I get with Flourocarbon. Let somebody come out with a Flourocarbon that glows under the black light and I will use that but until then, the black light is just for netting fish. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: whats the advantages of using flurocarbon line??

I had to back way off on my drag when I switched from mono. When I was setting the hook on the f-carbon it was snapping every now and then. I guess with the mono I had it crancked down for the stretch and bow. I agree you will be amazed at the hits when using the stuff. Especially when you go a couple of hours without a bite and then wham!!! It will scare the shiznit out of ya

Post Thanks / Like

I had thought about using it on my light spinning outfit for smallmouth fishin in Elkhorn, but decided against it after a number of people said that Flouro was much stiffer and I would have more problems with lighter line. Any thoughts on what these guys said????

Post Thanks / Like

Flouro is stiffer than mono as a general rule. obviously you get what you pay for. Seaguar invizx is very limp for flouro. that's what I use on my spinning stuff in 8lb. haven't tried the NEW berkley flouro but I'm told is the good stuff too.

Post Thanks / Like

Flurocarbon line is not recommended for top water, except Buzzbait or maybe swimming a frog. The line sinks and does not work well with poppers, or walking the dog baits. I have been using Hi-Seas flurocarbon for the last two years and found it to meet all my needs with jigs and crankbaits/spinnerbaits.
    They just came out with small # test, and will be available soon.