Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

More Video Posted

IF you are interested I have posted some more video of the Brazil Trip with regular user Jim Kincaid fishing and some jungle trail adventures.. taking the boat down a boat trail in the jungle.
    Also some video of the other guys on the trip as well fishing for Peacock Bass.
    WE only caught 7 fish all week. We ran into very high water which meant that the fish were way back in the brush. A one foot rise in water means an extra 100,000 acres of area to fish.. Still the travel and trip were awesome, we had good company and the food was fit for kings LITERALLY. Our cook was awesome.
    Let me know what you think of the video.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

Re: More Video Posted

I liked the videos but i would love to see some fish being caught, maybe next time. I bet it was fun! Those are some noisy plugs....what are they? How much do they cost?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: More Video Posted

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I liked the videos but i would love to see some fish being caught, maybe next time. I bet it was fun! Those are some noisy plugs....what are they? How much do they cost?
    Wood Choppers, and High Roller lures. Frank found a Peacock Bass package that he bought. 2 boxes of lures from High Roller and several other companies. Muskie lures and tackle work well for Peacock Bass. We ran into some serious high water, though the guides worked very hard to find us fish. The Amazon was high so the northern rivers could not drain well. This meant the season was behind by about a month. Apparently the rainy season started a month early on the southern Amazon and that filled the Southern Rivers and the Amazon in turn.. that meant the Northern tier of rivers flowing south could not drain as well. If you look at the videos you can see we are fishing around a LOT of flooded brush and trees. 1 foot of water on the Amazon means 100,000 acres more area to fish. Still the trip was great. The food was 5 star, we ate all kinds of things like Piranha, and Pirarara, and the scenery was worth the trip by itself. Last year the same trip caught 20 fish a day. They call it fishing cause if all you did was catch.....
    Jim D