Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye on Nolin?

Have any of you all fished for walleye on Nolin lately? I had a chance to go with a friend of mine a few weeks ago to green and MAN that is some kicked back, relaxing fishing right there and that is some good eating too. I don't know anything about where these fish hang out so I need some help if I can get it. How deep? type of structure? favorite baits? Not looking for spots just trying to get an idea of where to start at here. Me and another friend are probably going to give this a try this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Walleye on Nolin?

If you don't get a lot of answers here, you might try to search the internet for "infisherman" or "Lindners Angling Edge" as both these shows do a lot of walleye fishing. They may have some online articles that may help you out.

Good luck,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Danny I didn't think about that. They have a buttload of articles about walleye.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a walleye fisherman myself, but is Nolin known for its walleye fishing? I don't guess I even knew it had a great population of walleye in it.

Post Thanks / Like

They are there and there's a respectable population of them. Not great but decent. They just restocked them a few years ago so that batch should be about to an eating size by now. If you've never eaten a walleye then you haven't lived lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey dpage70, how about giving us a fishing report on Green River? There are plenty of folks here that know how to catch walleye on Nolin, if you were to give out some good information on Green, I bet it would loosen them up. Just an idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Good places to try would be gravel points. Key on the ones that have the wind blowing up on them, pushing the baitfish into the area. I have heard that trolling around the channel side of the big island near Dog Creek/Iberia. Hope this helps.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Birdstrike, to be honest there wasn't anything to report. We caught one walleye in about 20 ft of water on a long point right at dark and that was several weeks ago so I'm sure it's changed some with this weather. I don't know how the weather effects walleye but I'm sure it's similar to the rest of the fish out there. we caught the heck out of catfish though lol. All we used were crawlers on the back of a jighead. Remember it was teh first time I had ever targeted walleye so asking for a report is asking for quite a bit lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. One walleye in a long day of fishing is about all I can pull off in Green, you done good The warm temps should have them pretty deep right now. Wish I could be more help, love to catch 'em but don't very often.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave
    I fish for walleye on Brookville Lake, Ind.. We catch alot of our fish on flats in 15-25' of water using a 1/4-1/2 oz. chartreuse jig w/live nitecrawler or trolling cb shad color. I have also positioned my boat on gravel banks in 15-25' of water watching my depthfinder for schools of shad and marking fish and just dropping a jig with crawler over the side near tm depth finder and jig the crawler up and down and have done well this way too. You may want to try a hopkins spoon with this method too.
    Bassky
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I've not been for 2 weeks the water is too hot! 85 in the river is too much, The Amish have gave up on them also!
    Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

Dang guys I really appreciate all of the help. Keep it coming if there is anyone else that wants to chime in lol. Hot water or no hot water I'm still going to try. I'm not going to get to go this weekend like I thought I would but I'm going next weekend for sure.