Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fall break at Guntersville?

I'm a retired coach and have fished Ky.Lake for many yrs. Most of my fishing buddies are still teaching and their fall break comes on the second wk. of Oct. this yr. My question is: Would someone be so kind as to give me some info. on Guntersville at that time of yr. What kind of fishing is best during Oct. Are the accomodations expensive? Where would be a good place to stay etc. And mainly would it be worth our drive or better to just stay at home. If someone is willing to help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fall break at Guntersville?

Unless we have some tropical systems that blow through and break up the matted vegetation, the frog/rat fishing should be wide open then. Bring some 50# - 65# braid if you want to get a picture with your hawg. Woody's Lodge is an inexpensive place to stay, but is not on the water. It's close to the water and OK for a bunch of guys on a fishing trip ... but ladies probably wouldn't like it. http://www.woodyslodge.com/ For a nicer place to stay that's on the water try here: http://www.goosepond.org/lodging.htm. Both of the previously mentioned places are located in the mid-lake area along North Sauty Creek and are near Scottsboro. For accomodations in the lower lake area try here: http://www.tvfloatingcondos.com/. They are located on Big Spring Creek in Guntersville. It's almost always a worthwhile trip. There are just too many 4-6 pound bass in the lake to not catch some of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fall break at Guntersville?

Thanks Shad Lips, this really helps a lot. Anyone else have any ideas please pass them on. Does anyone know what the out of state license situation is? If we go, we'll probably stay at least 4 nights and fish 5 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Fall break at Guntersville?

a non-resident 7 day liscense is around $ 12. have fun!!

ranger519