Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland River still getting cold water

I am tracking the river using Lake Level Alert.
    Currently the lake is high and the COE is dropping cold water in the river. The trout below Burkesville should be happy..

This is a LOW lake level alert for Lake Cumberland, Kentucky generated by LakeLevelAlert.com.

Lake Cumberland has reached a level of 681.06ft. MSL which is now BELOW the level of 682.00ft. MSL that you specified as the LOW watermark for this alert.

This will keep the river at around 57 to 60 degrees as long as the COE is dropping water out of the lake.. HOPEFULLY this will get us through the 100 degree days of August now and into the cooler days of September.

Go fish for trout.. in the Air Conditioned comfort of the Cumberland River..
    (NO NOT REAL AC.. but the cooler water with a slight breeze feels like it is AC.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland River still getting cold water

I can tell you how cold it is...cold enough that having a hole in my waders in a certain area caused me to sing a few notes higer in church on Sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

Smaller boat on the cumberland river

Hey,

Would a 14ft v-bottom boat with a 7.5 hp motor be adequate to fish the cumberland river. I have a much better boat, but don't want to take it to cumberland, because I don't want to tear it up.

I'm mostly worried about if I will have enough power to run up the current and float down. I've done this a few times before, in my old boat, and would LOVE doing this again.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smaller boat on the cumberland river

should be more than enough motor for that down at Burksville area and south just watch the gravel bars and trees down there I used to run it with my14ft flat bottom with a 9.9 and it was no strugle at all

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland River still getting cold water

What about further up river.......I've only fished more UP the river than that. I think the place was called helms landing???? We ran about 10? miles up the river from there, and floated back down.

This was probably 7-8 years ago, and I'm not too sure of the place. Anyways, I'd like to do something similar, and use the smaller boat.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Geo