Search Fishin.com

Thread: Catfish

Post Thanks / Like

Catfish

Went to Cannelton **** this weekend. Friday night the fishing was great. Caught a 88.6 lb blue cat. I had 16 other blues and 4 flatheads one of them went 32 lbs. Some of the boats down there came to see the big blue and they also done pretty good. One boat had 3 that were in the 30s. Caught one small striper 8.9 lb. While I was getting bait, caught a nice crappie, off a white with red head bait rigs. Im going to post some pics of the big one. All fish were caught off skipjacks. Saturday night was slower. They had 5 of the spillways open. Might have had something to do with it. Only a few small flatheads. Seen one boat with a few blues. Going back down one day this week, I think Tuesday night. I will let you all know the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Catfish

Congratulations on that big blue, man I would love to hang into one that big.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I can't wait to see the pics. How long did it take to get that big one in? What kind of tackle were you using? Great job

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big_cat View Post
    Went to Cannelton **** this weekend. Friday night the fishing was great. Caught a 88.6 lb blue cat. I had 16 other blues and 4 flatheads one of them went 32 lbs. Some of the boats down there came to see the big blue and they also done pretty good. One boat had 3 that were in the 30s. Caught one small striper 8.9 lb. While I was getting bait, caught a nice crappie, off a white with red head bait rigs. Im going to post some pics of the big one. All fish were caught off skipjacks. Saturday night was slower. They had 5 of the spillways open. Might have had something to do with it. Only a few small flatheads. Seen one boat with a few blues. Going back down one day this week, I think Tuesday night. I will let you all know the outcome.
    Great job ! How many gates were open Friday? Were you fishing close to the dam in the swift water?

Post Thanks / Like

There were 2 gates open Friday, fished right at the edge of the fast on slow. Looked for water around 60-70 feet. I found a ledge went from 66 down to 77 in a mater of feet. All the fish came within 50 meters of that ledge. I fish with Quantum big cat rods, 7'6 medium action Quantum Cabo PT trolling reels, with 50lb andes line. I always use 8/0 circle hooks. I like the Gamakatsu light wire wide gap circle. I was using 3oz egg sinkers Friday and 6oz Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing in the edge of the fast 150 feet below the ****, maybe 200 feet