Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Anyone fishing in Tennessee ????

wow.... I know there are never many fishing reports in the Tennessee board, but this really is a drought ....no one fishing ???????? sure you are ---but as usual just not posting...... I see quite a few reviews when folks do make a post here or there, so how 'bout making one .... We're not looking for honey-holes, specific name brand of baits, or GPS coordinates ---just some posts as to truthful experience you may or may not have had on your last trip..... oh well, we'll see...... I haven't made one recently 'cause I haven't been in over a month now...tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone fishing in Tennessee ????

We were on Cherokee Lake last night (8-22-07) until 4 a.m. Water temp was 89 degrees, color varied from soupy to clear (lake may have been turning over) with bubbles. Tons of shad or minnows up in creeks. Only a few boats out and we didn't see anyone who caught anything. The air was hot most all night. I'm hanging up my rod until significant rain and cooler temperatures.

Post Thanks / Like

I live here near CH and have fished it all of my life. i have never seen it so tuff to go catch a few bass. I went for a little while last night, and like the last couple of times, DIDN'T catch any fish. O well, we need rain bad. I still fools me how some of these guys come in every week with a few big largemouth,I quess I will not comment on that one!!! If anyone has any advise for CH, please feel free to pass it on. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

jimmarla -- welcome to the board and good to see another Upper Cumberlander here......it amazes me with the August results of the past Ed Rogers tourney on Center Hill http://www.tennesseesportsman.com/ed...ournament.html it was a night tourney and the bags weighed makes me wonder if I am fishing the same CH as those guys.....hard to even think of competing against some of them who consistently place in the top 10...... I apparently am doing more fishing than catching.... oh well, guess I better not give up my day job..... tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what you mean! I think I am fishing another CH thatn everyone else. I dont know what happened to the days of going any time you wanted and catching a nice limit of large or smallmouth bass. O well, maybe I will see you down there. Do you ever fish those little Tuesday and Wednesday night tourneys? If you do, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dover...Thought I would holler at you and see if you are fishing the big Mike Muncey all night tournament this coming saturday night on the hill out of ragland's bottom ?? I have fished it the last three years and it is alot of fun if the fish are cooperating, but we haven't had this heat wave in the past few years either. Big fish only...not 5-6 or a limit. You can put in anywhere on the lake at the start time and call the tent at raglands to give them your weight after you catch one to see if you have been beat or leading the pack to keep from running all the way there to check and see. Coffee is usually available at the tent down in the wee hours of the morning if you are close by and want a cup or just want to check the weights on the leader board or check the live tank and see what has been brought in. Real good runned tourney...283

Post Thanks / Like

Took my wife to the lake for a little while today, the surface temp is still 90 deg at CH Lake. Amazing, thats just too hot for trying to catch any bass. O well!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmarla View Post
    Took my wife to the lake for a little while today, the surface temp is still 90 deg at CH Lake. Amazing, thats just too hot for trying to catch any bass. O well!!!!!!!!!!!
    jimmarla --- 90 degree water....whew --- sounds like I need to bring soap and shampoo to take a bath :-) never have fished the Tuesday/Wednesday night tourneys --- too hard to work the next day without falling asleep :-)

TnStratos283 - never heard of the Mike Muncey all night tourney but it sounds like something I'd like to do...... I have plans this evening (Saturday) and can't but perhaps next year give me a heads up on the M M tourney and I'd like to do it.... big fish is "the ticket" especially in this heat and being able to call in your catch before making a run for check-in makes sense....... If you fish it, please let us all know the how you did and what it took to win......

It rained in Cookeville Saturday morning just after midnight and it feels great this morning.... we still need more rain badly and I hope it comes soon.....

tight lines to all and please make a new post if you go fishing....